Main Campus – Boston, MA
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women’s undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You’re joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You’ll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual’s community experience.
As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices–at all levels, for all positions–ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
The Workday Product Manager supervises the Workday Business Analyst and provides support, direction and mentorship. The Workday Product Manager is responsible for coordinating the delivery of Workday application services to business units across the University through the hybrid Workday support model of the University. The Manager works cross-functionally to achieve business goals while driving innovation and deeper adoption of Workday. This includes developing product strategy but also supporting, configuring, and enabling Workday and integrated tools. The primary focus of this role is on HCM/Core with a clear understanding of the touchpoints to FIN/PAY/STU. The Workday Product Manager plays a vital role in creating long-term healthy customer relationships, acting as the bridge between the business unit and operational delivery teams. The key responsibilities of the Workday Product Manager are stewardship and management across functional-focused areas of the Workday
application system, continual service improvement and customer satisfaction as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of product adoption and utilization to meet stakeholders demand and optimize University investment.
The Simmons Technology department supports the University in reaching its strategic goals by providing high-quality support. Simmons Technology is committed to providing reliable services, innovative solutions, and excellent support to the Simmons community.
● Lead and Manage Daily Operations
● Manage the daily operations of the Workday Product Team, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
● Work closely with the entire Business Solutions & Strategy Leadership Team to develop and implement policies and procedures necessary to carry out project assessment/prioritization, management and implementation with special attention to the following: resource management (both human and financial), customer service management, implementation timelines and service delivery best practice.
● Coordinate and expedite a backlog of fixes and/or enhancement requests for Workday; submit issues to post production support and ensure issues are resolved.
● Supervise the Workday Business Solutions Analyst. Provide training, guidance and oversee their activities and projects, coordinating their work with other teams in Technology and within Workday Product as needed. Ensure their adoption of project management and service delivery best practices.
● Communicate with all parties involved in the Workday coordination and implementation process – team members, customers, and top management and ensure efficient and effective management of resources
● Build partnerships and liaise with management to determine delivery criteria and solutions to issues that may arise
Workday Functional Support
● Conduct hands-on configuration of Workday, focusing primarily on HCM, FIN, PAY modules and cross-functional business processes, rules,
● Responsible for coordinating University uptake of bi-annual Workday releases and organizational roadmap for Workday functionality
● Research and prepare recommendations on features/updates that should be adopted, both short- and long-term; work with business owners and subject matter experts within the University to develop a roadmap for implementing enhancements
● Coordinate and expedite a backlog of fixes and/or enhancement requests for Workday; submit issues to post-production support and ensure issues are resolved
● Coordinate activities of Technology teams across all areas of implementation services, including communications with vendors and business units
● Manage customers, resources (both material and human), and projects and programs related to Workday service delivery
● Track all projects and their components, reporting out to senior management on process and progress
● Facilitate design sessions, leading with empathy, but driving towards innovation and best practices.
● Identify, prioritize, and implement best practices from a solutions perspective for Workday based on gathered requirements
● Lead system configuration, testing, and deployment of assigned applications to meet requirements, timelines, and execution standards
● Work closely with cross-functional teams to ascertain and maintain the best possible configuration solution
● Provide production support to ensure superior operational response
● Create custom reports and dashboards to provide stakeholders with timely analytics and identify business trends
● Rigorously document system requirements and configuration to build operational excellence
● Ensure data integrity by understanding and identifying opportunities to improve, working closely with cross-functional teams
● Train end-users and peers on new processes and functionality as needed
● Help build data governance with a single source of truth requirements documentation execution
● Work closely with senior management and business partners on assessing services, their delivery and acceptance. Provide recommendations for improving business processes whether part of a technology project or as part of a reengineering effort. Identify issues with existing business processes and propose solutions.
● Support cross functional team partnerships that enable consistent defined processes and best
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Minimum of three years related experience, some preferably in higher education
● Experience with Workday HCM required, FIN and PAY preferred
● Experience with project management
● Experience with a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to communicate effectively across multiple constituencies
● Clear, concise, effective written and verbal communication, presentation and computer skills
● Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
● Ability to identify and clearly communicate alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
● Experience with other enterprise applications preferred
This position is eligible for either full or partial remote work schedule
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 (“My Experience”) of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual’s community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices–at all levels, for all positions–ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.