BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, there’s a common thread connecting the people who work here: the drive to make things better and figure out how to get it done. We call it the Maker mindset. For over 60 years, our employees have fostered a collaborative workplace where people are engaged in creative thinking from the first day on the job onward. No matter what role you’re in — from production, to sales, to engineering — you’ll contribute to the growth and success of the company by having a Maker mindset.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that’s what we value. When there’s a win, we’ll cheer you on. When there’s a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
You’ll work alongside talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all contributing to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures. It’s this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work — a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As the Human Resources Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources team. You will handle details of a highly confidential nature, collect and prepare sensitive information for use in discussions, provide reporting and attend meetings with the organization’s staff. If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Implement sustainable and scalable processes, tools and technology to enable effective HR delivery by increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of HR. (60%)
- Serve as a primary point of contact in the HR department for all employees on general HR questions regarding payroll, time off, benefits and HR processes. Assist employees with HR Systems (i.e., Workday, UKG, Workhuman, and Mystrongtie). Prepare and maintain all personnel files by scanning documents to Workday timely and accurately. Maintain HRIS, I-9, background check and UKG records on a daily basis in compliance with company policy.
- Assist with employee changes and one-time payments in Workday.
- Assist employees and managers with reviewing and correcting timecards in UKG.
- Coordinate and track all HR training for employees. Serve as the primary point of contact with trainers (both external and internal) and provide support for training events. Assist with employee event planning and execution. Coordinate luncheons, training, ceremonies and any event hosted by the HR department. Order and maintain supplies for all events.
- Provide miscellaneous administrative assistance as required to members of the HR team.
- Participate in department projects to support the achievement of annual objectives and company-wide HR initiatives. Attend internal and external training and conferences necessary to remain current and compliant with policy and law.
Attract, hire and engage a no-equal workforce. (40%)
- Maintain employee records: Perform employee life cycle administration activities for recruiting, on-boarding, status changes, and terminations. Prepare all associated documentation; update relevant databases; coordinate communications with applicants and employees and serve as a liaison between departments; submits drug and background checks and assists with the coordination of new hire orientations and onboarding. Maintain employee records, data, lists, and other important documentation in compliance with policy or law.
- Communication to Employees: Prepare documents, announcements, or other communications for dissemination to employees. Distribute communications as needed. Maintain electronic files for all employees on a weekly or more frequent basis, as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field or 1-2 years of related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Smartsheet preferred.
- 1 year experience with Workday, UKG Kronos, preferred
- Attention to Detail: Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Prioritization: Manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and stay on track with associated due dates and deadlines for submission.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Organization: Application of physical organizational skills to maintain order and ensure safekeeping of important documents or proprietary information and property.
- Results Focus & Initiative: Ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Ability to identify what needs to be done and take action, when a situation requires it. Ability to set goals and work hard to achieve them. Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude towards getting things done.
- Oral Communication: Skilled in communicating with all levels within the organization while being an effective listener; gets clarification when necessary.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; edits work; varies writing style to meet specific needs; presents data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability & Flexibility: Ability to adjust timelines, results and expectations appropriately to changing needs.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork: Coordinates one’s work and performance with that of others to achieve mutual outcomes. Ability to build and sustain cooperative working relationships and build consensus within the department.
This job requires less than 5% domestic travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in Riverside, CA.
Relocation is not available for this position.
$23.37 – $29.23 / Hourly
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more.
In keeping with the Company’s commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow