98018 – CA2 – Redlands ADC
Individuality is our foundation at Sleep Number. Our purpose driven company is comprised of over 4,800 passionate team members who are dedicated to our mission of improving lives by individualizing sleep experiences. Our 360® smart beds provide each sleeper with adjustable, personalized comfort for proven quality sleep. We have improved more than 13 million lives as we strive to advance society’s wellbeing through higher quality sleep.
Sleep science and data are the core of our innovations. Our award-winning 360 smart beds benefit from our proprietary SleepIQ® technology – learning from over 9 billion hours of highly accurate sleep data – to provide effortless comfort and individualized sleep health insights, including your daily SleepIQ® score.
This new Associate Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) role will be located in Sleep Number’s Redlands, CA Assembly Distribution Center and will report to the Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner over Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
Ensure organizational talent is prepared to deliver exceptional performance, through partnership with business leaders and the function’s lead Human Resources Business Partner by building strong organizational capabilities and culture. Utilize functional/technical expertise, as well as Sleep Number Leadership behaviors to develop, implement, manage and continuously improve strategies and tactics related to organizational effectiveness, talent management, employee engagement, retention, performance management and compensation.
- Employee Relations: Respond to employee concerns and provide employee relations guidance to managers in order to ensure effective application of company policies/procedures and company culture and minimize legal risks, complaints, charges and turnover. Investigate root causes of employee relations issues and develop strategies to address/reduce them. Serve as a subject matter expert for federal and state regulations and ensure accurate and appropriate strategies and tactics are in place. Demonstrate balanced advocacy for employees and the business.
- Talent Management: With oversight and partnership, develop, implement and manage organizational programs relative to employee development, retention, performance management, onboarding, career development, and succession planning in order to ensure a talent pipeline that will successfully enable current strategies and future growth.
- Organization Design: With oversight and partnership proactively identify job/organization design opportunities that increase organization effectiveness and prepare the business to drive/support future growth. Employ change leadership and team effectiveness principals to help teams better ensure success of new programs, structures, etc.
- Talent Acquisition: Partner with hiring managers to evaluate talent needs and ensure acceptable staffing levels (current and future). Partner with talent acquisition for interviewing and selection to ensure a consistent, high quality talent pipeline. Assist hiring managers with the effective use of selection processes, selection criteria and onboarding tools.
- Communication: Understand stakeholder perspectives at multiple leadership levels and partner with organizational leaders to ensure proactive, effective communication strategies and processes for issues or situations of varying complexity.
- Culture: Assess alignment and support for company mission, values and strategies; provide recommendations to managers on how to respond to emerging workplace trends and or how to address employee needs or issues with balance for both legal compliance and culture. Lead the implementation of employee engagement surveys, feedback sessions and action planning. Actively personify and advocate for the company’s culture, brand and values.
- Process Improvement: Identify, advocate for and implement Human Resources best practices across all areas of the business; simplify or reduce non-value added processes. Help business units identify and resolve opportunities for increased efficiency or decreased beuracracy. Enable and ensure compliance in regulated practices pertinent to department. Advocate for employee involvement and empowerment in decision making.
- 2-3 years of experience as in Human Resources
- Experience in leading and/or supporting employee relations investigations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on summarizing large amounts of data into a summary/conclusion
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of organization with confidence, building trust and rapport. Is capable of providing courageous and decisive advice.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving ability, particularly in ambiguous or complex situations. Understands and considers broad implications of business unit needs or decisions
- Is able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Remains calm under pressure and is able to lead thru difficult (i.e. emotional, complex, legal) situations
- Strong time management and project management abilities
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Available on nights and weekends for urgent situations
- Can effectively use Microsoft applications in daily activities
- Workday experience preferred
- Market travel approximately 10%; or, if supporting remote locations, may be 20-25% and up to 50% while supporting start-up locations
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.