UK – Watford
UK – Field
UK – Hull GBU Office
Director HR Technology Service Delivery & Global Product Owner
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits on offer
The Global HR Technology function is part of the HR organisation, responsible for delivering solutions that improve or enhance the way Human Resources is delivered at Smith & Nephew, and manages HR technology programs, vendors, and operations. The group works with various HR organizations and IT on projects to re-engineer and automate processes that improve efficiencies for the HR function and their stakeholders.
This is a dual role balancing the development and delivery the HR Technology Service Delivery strategy, through a retained team and technology service partners, providing high quality, consistent HR Technology Tier 2 advice and support across the HR technologies, whilst as a Workday Product Owner, defining, developing and delivering the HR Technology Workday Product strategy and roadmap to build scalable global product foundations in Workday.
This role is accountable for the management and global alignment of the aligned Workday product to business needs. It will identify business requirements that enable great experiences, system enhancements that are scalable and sustainable long-term, and work closely with stakeholders and technology partners to ensure the successful delivery of the Workday product.
The role will lead a team and be responsible for services supporting the delivery of Tier 2 Service Delivery activities for the HR platforms, through a retained team and 3rd party technology suppliers, including activities associated with the maintenance of organizations & structures, new organisations, restructuring, repurposing organisations. The role will challenge the status quo for new ways or concepts that support our business capability needs. It will identify and provide insights into the associated benchmarks and metrics and use them to drive continuous improvement.
This role involves a high level of relationship management in order to ensure that the HR function and our HR technology partners continue to foster and develop a value-add partnership to drive simplification, standardisation and automation to ensure the long-term success of the HR operating model. The role will need to work closely with HR Business Partners and Centres of Expertise on a global level to understand, improve and deliver efficient and effective HR Technology capabilities
Essential Job Functions
- As part of the Global HR Technology management team, contribute to the development of the service’s strategic direction, formulate the HR Technology Tier 2 services/technology roadmap, set standards, and monitor the service’s overall performance.
- Define, develop and deliver the HR Technology Workday Product strategy and roadmap for specific initiatives and HR domains through strategic partnerships, influence, and both internal/external best-practices to maximise cost effectiveness, aligned with business needs, comply with legal requirements and to reflect HR best practise benchmarks.
- Act as a SME with full autonomy for the global alignment, solution design, delivery and maintenance of the functional specialism and will be responsible for configuration and support of solutions for our global customers, working closely with the business and wider HR organization to understand business needs and requirements to ensure that the relevant Workday product performs to the desired business outcomes. The role is empowered to prioritize the product backlog and determine priorities working with the business.
- Partner with the relevant COE and the wider HR function to build a strong technology foundation and drive change across all levels of stakeholders, leading highly complex initiatives with accountability/ responsibility that crosses multiple teams and projects across HR and IT organizations, interfacing with key partners and vendors, ensuring they understand project deliverables, project scope, meet timing and cost deadlines, and collaborate with internal project stakeholders while augmenting internal team resources.
- Proactively identify opportunities to further leverage best-in-class technology and minimize technology debt that hinders long-term scalability and work to drive and implement best practices across all platforms, digital innovation, process automation, and emerging technologies that fit business requirements.
- Responsible for writing user stories and traceability of business requirements to technical solution designs, test cases, test evidence approval. Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) which includes creating, maintaining, and executing UAT scripts including regression testing the new functionality before deployment. Proficient in generating reports and data analysis to assist with decision-making and planning. Adept at creating Documentation artifacts such as User Guides, Process Flow Charts, Project Plans, Test Plans and other slide decks for presenting to leadership.
- The position will participate in global business projects and develop customer centric business processes and procedures to increase usability, efficiency and to follow good practice. The role will provide an audit function to support Manager and Employee Self Service and HR data entry in their area of specialism specifically but also in other areas of Workday.
- Lead and manage the performance (service, productivity, quality) of a retained team, responsible for the provision of high quality, consistent HR Technology Tier 2 advice, activity, and resolution of cases, including activities associated with the maintenance of organizations & structures, new organisations, restructuring, repurposing organisations.
- Ensure all customers receive a quality and professional service within service levels, whilst ensuring that all processes within HR Technology Service Delivery team function are fully integrated and provide a customer focused service. Monitor the day to day performance, quality and customer perception of the operation through statistical management and understanding customer requirements
- Develop the HR Technology Service Delivery team to meet business needs and provide thought leadership and develop best practice for S+N.
- In conjunction with Procurement, drive value and manage the relationship with 3rd Party Suppliers for allocated work packages by ensuring delivery against time, cost and quality.
- Act as a champion for customer focus and listen to and communicate with customers and stakeholders effectively; ensuring that procedures and systems are in place to inform and receive feedback from service users, partners, stakeholders and colleagues, and evaluating that feedback, taking appropriate action to secure continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Human Resources, IT or relevant subject) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A strong background of Workday HCM and technical experience in the relevant Product specialism, with Reporting capabilities.
- Recognized as a technical expert in their subject area, defining the strategy and roadmap for the Workday product, leading on large scale changes and projects.
- Excellent working understanding and experience of implementing and supporting HR IT cloud-based systems and experience of integrating processes
- Leading teams and knowledge of service delivery, service systems, processes and capabilities
- Knowledge of HR Technology, vendors, and implementation across multiple markets
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations and the ways global companies manage and share data to operate global HR processes/programs to meet business needs
- Experience of programme and project management experience, encompassing the technology design and delivery
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with and prioritising complex business requirements within a project
- Demonstrated experience of managing Service Level Agreements
- Experience of critical incident management and communications
- Good working knowledge of process improvement methodologies i.e. Lean or Six Sigma.
- Experience of applying performance measurement approaches in driving up business efficiency and process quality
- Highly developed data manipulation skills
Smith+Nephew is a portfolio medical technology business that exists to restore people’s bodies and their self-belief by using technology to take the limits off living. We call this purpose ‘Life Unlimited’. Our 17,500+ employees deliver this mission every day, making a difference to patients’ lives through the excellence of our product portfolio, and the invention and application of new technologies across our three global franchises of Orthopaedics, Advanced Wound Management and Sports Medicine & ENT. Founded in Hull, UK, in 1856, we now operate in more than 100 countries. Smith+Nephew is a constituent of the FTSE100 (LSE:SN, NYSE:SNN).
If you share our passion for pioneering innovation and can demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined, we would love to hear from you.
We continue to actively build an environment where every individual can fulfil their potential and be proud ambassadors for Smith & Nephew, our customers and their patients. We value the diversity of our people and welcome applications from everyone.