IND – NonGBS-Pune-Kharadi
POL – Wroclaw
Role: Global HR Reporting and Analytics Specialist (Workday)
Location: Pune, India / Wroclaw, Poland
The role is a key part of the HRIS Team, driving forward opportunities for analytics, understanding business requirements from across the whole of Smith and Nephew and translating them into new Workday reports where this is required. The team is responsible for ensuring that report deliveries are made on-time and in full, to client satisfaction, and for ensuring that the rules of governance around reporting are upheld.
The Global HR Technology function is part of the HR organisation, responsible for delivering solutions that improve or enhance the way Human Resources is delivered at Smith & Nephew, and handles HR technology programs, vendors, and operations. The group works with various HR organizations and IT on projects to re-engineer and automate processes that improve efficiencies for the HR function and their collaborators.
- Lead requirements gathering for design, development, and delivery of high-quality reporting solutions, included reports, dashboards, discovery boards and Worksheets in Workday.
- Handle and implement standard and ad-hoc reporting projects, enhancements and business as usual requests, to successful completion against agreed objectives and timelines.
- Identify and implement improvements that optimize the intake, requirements gathering, data validation, data analysis, and output design processes. Recommend continuous improvement enhancements to the overall system to ensure the highest level of service and support.
- For reporting and analytics, investigate situations to diagnose underlying causes, look to resolve issues, and/or provide effect solutions or workarounds that assist recovery.
- Contribute to the evaluation of all requests for change in reporting scope or requirements, development of user acceptance and deployment plans, coordination of training, and other necessary support.
- Within the Workday application, assess data sources to optimize quality and accuracy of reporting output. Work multi-functionally as needed to enable data architecture and solutions that best meet the analytics and reporting needs of the business
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc reports that provide insights and trends to support data quality, operational activities, and continuous improvements initiatives. Build, develop, and maintain repeatable, accurate, and credible metrics, dashboards, and reports, which will often require leading multi-functional efforts to build alignment and standardize definition for the business.
- Support the development of self-sufficiency in end users through effective training, fix and user adoption education
- Communicate sophisticated concepts to non-technical business customers across the entire analytic cycle, from question identification through results interpretation, and including communication about data integrity.
- Ensure all reporting processes are followed in line with audit and compliance.
- Act as a testing lead for bi-annual Workday releases to define scope, plan the testing strategy for any system changes and enhancements related to reporting and analytics.
- Develop and maintain awareness of both current and new functionality and engage regularly in Workday online Community, submit brainstorms, keeping HR leadership abreast of relevant information.
- Provide hands-on Tier 2/3 operational support for reporting and analytics issues, including sophisticated questions and change requests using case management application.
- Participate in special projects with staff as directed and other duties assigned.
- Act as a champion for customer focus and listen to and communicate with customers and partners effectively; ensuring that procedures and systems are in place to advise and receive feedback from service users, partners, customers and colleagues, and evaluating that feedback, taking appropriate action to secure continuous improvement.
- Graduate with a bachelor’s degree (Business, Human Resources, IT or relevant subject) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Min 2+ years of experience as a Workday report developer, Workday
- Proficient in Advanced Excel, prior experience of data/people analytics is good to have.
- Experienced with Workday object data model
- Expert knowledge of data sources, primary business objects and calculated fields.
- Highly developed data manipulation skills, Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, with experience of MS Access and SQL desirable.
- Able to build reports using Workday’s report writing tools.
- Knowledge of Workday and analytics reporting within workday.
- Skilled matching report type to business need and at data visualization within Workday reporting
- Able to investigate system testing issues.
- Create deployment documentation and able to deploy reports across tenants.
- Previous experience of other Reporting and Data Analytic Solutions such as MS Power BI is good to have.
- Experience of HR Processes, and Workday security.
- HR knowledge base with would advantageous; an understanding of HR data, especially as related to HR systems.
- Knowledge of HCM design, structure, functions and processes desirable, (Workday preferred)
- Workday HCM fundamentals (preferred)
- Workday Report Writer (preferred)
- Project Management
- Ability to work, deliver and contribute in a matrix globally based team
- Bring functional and technical knowledge to proactively solve issues, and conduct knowledge transfer with end users
- Superb communication, active listening and presentation skills and ability to communicate efficiently with all levels in the organisation
- Passion for delivering service excellence.
- Highly analytical approach with solid ability to identify, fix, problem solve and resolve issues. Passion for simplification and continuous improvement
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with team members to understand and develop technology solutions for business needs
- Experience of project management; organised, strong time management skills and ability to prioritise numerous tasks in order to meet established deadlines
- Team-player who is a proactive self-starter, with the ability to work independently!
- Strong ethical standards regarding the handling of confidential personal information.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, especially under pressure; and within a cross-culture and global environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.