POL – Wroclaw
At Smith+Nephew, global medical technology company, we design and make technology that takes the limits off living, and we help healthcare professionals achieve the same goal. Together we improve life, while also improving performance. This formed the basis for our purpose, #LifeUnlimited, and our culture pillars of Care, Collaboration and Courage.
Care means that we show empathy and understanding for each other, our customers and patients.
Collaboration means we work together as a team, based on mutual trust and respect.
Courage is about continuous learning, innovation and accountability.
Currently, we are looking for someone to join our Wrocław’s centre on position of:
Payroll Specialist with German
The Payroll Specialist with German, who will work as part of a team that is responsible for the timely and accurate accumulation of payroll data. This will be accomplished by the complete end-to-end processing of the payrolls allocated to the coordinator of various countries within Smith & Nephew in the region. Essential responsibilities include; time & attendance supervision, data entry and system updates in both Workday and local payroll systems, executing interfaces between Workday and local payroll where these exist, as well as executing outbound vendor interfaces. The role is not limited to specific country payrolls within the coordinators region and assistance with payrolls outside of the coordinators usual processing countries will be requested as and when the need arises.
- Entry and review of the weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payroll time data as required, employee maintenance, tax information, direct deposit, new hire, termination, and any other current employee processing.
- Coordinate with Human Resource Department personnel on the timely and accurate updating of employee masterfile changes in Workday.
- Manage interfaces and reports between Workday HR and local payroll systems.
- Audit payroll data entry and employee status changes to ensure accuracy prior to payroll execution.
- Ensure timely and accurate administration of employee garnishments, insurances, and taxes, ensuring proper withholding and remittance to appropriate agencies and authorities.
- Work as a member of cross-GBS, a cross-functional team on projects related to system upgrades for Workday, local Payroll, and Time & Attendance systems.
- Execute and audit payroll outbound interfaces to be sent to third-party vendors.
- Execute tests in Workday and payroll test databases as they relate to outbound/inbound interfaces .
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Payroll or Business related field, equivalent payroll department experience would be an advantage
- 2 – 5 years of experience related to payroll at a company processing 500+ employees.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Experience on the German payroll preferred
- Fluent in English and German required
- Ability to work well within a small team environment.
- Displays a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential information.
- Able to work independently, or with little supervision.
- Can work with pace and pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Prior experience with having a role in new systems implementation, including the testing phase would be an advantage
at Smith+Nephew we offer:
private health care | multisport card/my benefit platform | life insurance
subsidies for trainings and language classes | postgraduate studies
wellbeing programs | mentoring program | CSR programs
annual bonus | company stock saving plan | recognition program
employment stability | referral bonus
possibility of working remotely | flexible working hours