CR – Alajuela, Coyol
Supervises the assigned Payroll staff of a centralized LATAM and Canada Department and ensures timely and accurate processing of the payroll for approximately 2,500 employees. This will be accomplished by the complete processing of the payroll for all exempt and non-exempt employees of Smith & Nephew. Maintains accurate records and control reports. Provides continual process improvement and enforcement of all internal policies and procedures. Develops, coaches, and inspires the team on all procedures and system applications. Participates in year-end payroll close activities. Coordinate Oncycle and Offcycle Payroll runs. Complies with and maintains all Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Operates as backup for all Payroll applications. All these tasks need to follow each country labour law’s regulation to avoid any incorrect payment to employees and incur in penalties due to violations. Reports to the Sr. Manager, Americas Payroll.
Responsibilities: (Please specify % amount against each responsibility)
1. Lead the assigned Payroll team daily activities to include pay data processing, internal and external customer communications and payroll discrepancy resolution for a centralized Payroll organization. (20%)
2. Develop/Implement process improvements and system training for Payroll staff. (25%)
3. Acts as the contact for benefit/HR/payroll transactions. (5%)
4. Manages interfaces between Workday and local payroll systems in LATAM. (10%)
5. Coordinates ‘out of sequence’ payroll runs. (5%)
6. Ensures timely and accurate processing of data to be updated to employee year-end tax forms to include: third party sick pay, relocation, and other information as required. (5%)
7. Prepares required monthly, quarterly and annual reports including, statutory reporting and tax reconciliations. (5%)
8. Work as a member of cross-GBS, cross-functional team on projects related to system upgrades for Workday, local Payroll and Time & Attendance systems. (5%)
9. Ensures proper payroll data is sent to local finance teams for ledger posting. (5%)
10. Executes and audits payroll outbound interfaces to be sent to third party vendors. (5%)
11. Coaches and mentors the team to help in their career development (10%)
Education (required grade and area):
Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Human Resources or Business related field, or equivalent payroll department experience.
Licenses/ Certifications (please prioritize and specify required and nice to have):
Nice to Have:
Canada Payroll Association.
Country Specific Payroll Certifications.
Experience (please prioritize and specify required and nice to have):
A. 1 – 3 years of proven leadership experience with teams of 5 or more people.
B. 3 – 5 Years regional Payroll experience utilizing payroll applications at a large company – 2,500+ employees
C. Experience with Workday is preferred