Corporate Office – Newton, MA
Job Description Summary
When you join Team Sonesta, you become a vital member of our family—and part of the 8th largest hotel company in the United States.
Our goal is to be the best hotel company, not the biggest. At the same time, there is a great deal of growth in our future –and with that comes a multitude of amazing opportunities for both current and new employees.
We’re growing fast—and you can be a part of it.
As a Compensation Analyst at Sonesta, you will perform complex data management, analysis, and reporting. You will play a key role in various HR projects that impact the engagement of our most important resource – our talent!
What will I be doing?
Principle duties and responsibilities for the Compensation Analyst include:
- Contributing to the design, creation, and maintenance of the compensation infrastructure
- Acting as key participant in the development and implementation of the annual salary administration program (merit)
- Maintaining and administer company base-salary and variable compensation programs
- Completing compensation benchmarking and competitive analysis to establish salary ranges for positions
- Researching jobs and provide analysis on newly created positions, and the development and documentation for all job descriptions, ensuring compliance and consistency
- Conducting annual market analysis and benchmark job calibration. Recommending revisions as appropriate
- Participating in compensation surveys and reviewing salary survey reports
- Assisting in developing communication materials and presentations to employees and managers
- Assisting in the updating of existing job descriptions and providing market analysis
- Assisting in providing required data during internal and external audits.
- Ensuring compliance with all appropriate federal, state, and local laws and regulations, both domestically and internationally
- Counseling, advising, educating, and training employees and managers on all compensation policies, programs, and processes
- Ensuring consistency in compensation philosophy
- Collaborating with Sonesta Departments (i.e., Payroll, Finance, Operations, Sales and Legal) on the development & administration of compensation programs and policies
- Acting as subject matter expert and participating in the development and implementation of compensation system enhancements
- Assisting and supporting other HR activities including, but not limited to benefit programs and HRIS initiatives
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in the analysis, design, and/or administration of compensation programs
- Experience with HRIS Platforms
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to compensation programs (base, variable/incentive, and sales)
- Experience evaluating and analyzing salary data, conducting job evaluations, and determining pay grades and salary recommendations
- Proven ability to develop and roll out companywide grade structure
- Experience writing job descriptions
- Experience utilizing and/or participating in salary surveys
- Experience with Workday
- Experience implementing/administering compensation management systems and salary planning systems
- Experience in organizations with a large proportion of non-exempt employees
- Experience with merit increase planning
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.