Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Sonic Healthcare USA, one of the nation's largest networks of medical reference laboratories located in Austin, Texas, is conducting a search for an experienced Payroll Specialist.
(This is not a remote opportunity. Final candidate will be required to be in Austin, TX)
This non-exempt position performs duties necessary for the accurate calculation of wages, maintenance of records and distribution of payroll reports and as well as some month-end reconciliation duties as needed.
- Responsible for full cycle multi-state payroll processing for 6,500+ employees on Workday HRIS / Payroll software system
- Review, analyze and verify payroll reports and documents for accuracy; make necessary adjustments or corrections to employee records prior to completion of payroll
- Reconcile payroll garnishment accounts and prepare checks each pay period
- Research Federal, State and Local payroll tax rules for new jurisdiction. Apply rules to employee records as needed
- Maintain and setup of new direct deposit and garnishment information and all related written communications to agencies
- W-2 verification and reconciliation
- Accounts payable input into Great Plains general ledger software for payroll garnishments and misc. disbursements
- Month end and year-end reporting research and reconciliation assistance
- Serving as contact for internal and external customers
- Coordinate with appropriate Human Resource Department personnel on a timely and accurate basis
- Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Payroll is required
- The ideal candidate should be flexible and able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer / software skills that include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with general ledger
- Demonstration of a keen attention to detail; ability to prioritize and be well organized
- Understanding proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Sonic Healthcare USA offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as a professional working environment.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.