NA / Paramus 40
NA / Toronto 40
NA / Atlanta 40
NA / Rochester Design Center 40
Sony Electronics Inc. is looking for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we offer an environment and culture that promotes Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. In addition, our team members enjoy innovative work-life balance opportunities including a hybrid home/office workplace, monthly “Free Fridays”, and early shutdowns on Fridays throughout the year (including half-days during the summer).
So, if you want to join a “Best Place to Work” company and make the world say wow, let's talk.
The ideal person for this role will act as an advisor to Human Resources and all levels of management providing recommendations on compensation matters in support of business goals and ensuring market competitiveness.
- Partnering, driving and influencing the development and execution of compensation processes and initiatives such as annual salary planning, pay equity analysis, incentive modeling and calculations, salary structures, survey participation and FLSA exemptions.
- Ongoing research, modeling, and analysis of our compensation programs for effectiveness in supporting our business goals.
- Supporting the salary recommendation process to ensure internal equity and market alignment by applying established job evaluation methodologies.
- Train and coach others regarding compensation areas.
- Keep up to date and educate internal team on evolving compensation related compliance areas in the US and Canada.
- Analytical support.
- 5+ years of HR experience including 2+ supporting compensation areas
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent additional experience
- Strong Excel skills to automate processes and support calculations and analytics (such as managing large datasets with functions, creating dynamic reports with pivot tables, building charts and graphs, cell formatting, task automation, etc.)
- Experience with market surveys such as Radford, Pearl Meyer, Willis Towers Watson, etc.
- Strong communication skills to maintain effective partnerships and make presentations to company leaders
- Ability to engage in prolonged periods of computer use utilizing desktop and web-based applications
- Bachelor's Degree focus in Business or HR Administration
- Proven project lead experience
- Skill in PowerPoint, including the ability to convert large amounts of data into clear, concise management presentations that facilitate decision making
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Delivers high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and experience with Workday
Verbiage: The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $100,000 to $150,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Electronics, Inc.
Sony Electronics, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or you can mail your resume to: Sony Electronics, Human Resources Department, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego CA 92127. Please indicate the position you are applying for.