Culver City, CA
Executive Director, Compensation
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, COMPENSATION
Reporting to the VP, Rewards, the Executive Director, Compensation will serve as a key People & Organization (Human Resources) thought partner and, together with their team, be responsible for the design and implementation of compensation policies and programs that reinforce Sony Pictures Entertainment’s business strategy.
The ideal individual will be proactive and anticipatory in approach, possess excellent judgment in a variety of situations, demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills, have a high attention to detail, exemplify an energetic, poised, and positive demeanor, and demonstrate the ability to balance multiple priorities and work well in a diverse, fast-paced, team environment. As a representative of People & Organization, the successful candidate must also maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy regarding all matters.
- Drive the long-term compensation vision and roadmap, with an emphasis on annual strategic priorities
- Partner with P&O Business Partners to provide advice and analysis for compensation challenges
- Initiate various analyses, projects and the design of new or special compensation programs to address market and business needs
- Provide ongoing direction and guidance to P&O Business Partners, managers, analysts, and other professionals on the general application of policy or on the design, development and management of new initiatives or programs
- Evaluate jobs independently based on market data. Compile, age, and analyze market data to create compelling competitive analyses.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and continue evolving compensation practices
- Bring expertise across compensation focus areas, including market analytics, job architecture, role mapping, and program design
- Oversee job architecture structure to support promotions, progression and career advancement
- Support client groups by providing guidance on equity placements, reclassifications, new positions, new hire salary placements, pay practices, and FLSA status determinations
- Analyze data from internal systems to ensure their integrity and to determine what actions may be needed to rectify any data integrity issues
- Oversee the participation in U.S. salary surveys and monitor salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations
- Strengthens Compensation team’s ability to provide effective and robust analytics and strategic support to P&O Business Partners and the business
- 7-10 years of experience in consulting or compensation-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, or related discipline preferred
- Strong analytical decision-making skills
- Strong communicator and adept at conveying technical compensation concepts in accessible ways that resonate across functions and levels
- Knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations and compliance requirements related to U.S. compensation standards and principles
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience with market pricing systems such as Towers Watson Reward, Mercer Prism, Market Pay or Salary.com/Kenexa Comp Analyst
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Peoplefluent and Workday Advanced Compensation software experience a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at [email protected]
* Sony Pictures – CA – Culver City Area & Studios