Culver City, CA
Manager, P&O/HR Technology & Data Operations (HRIS)
Under the direction of the Director, the Manager, People & Organization (P&O) Technology and Data Operations provides support to HRIS and Data Processing functions within the People & Organization (Human Resources) Department. This role serves as a functional expert and will maintain the Workday HRIS system and oversee the data maintained within it, ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. In addition, this role is responsible for reporting and analyzing P&O data and interfacing with P&O and other business functions. The successful candidate will be a quick and eager learner, have a keen interest in HR, and must possess solid Excel skills, as well as strong communication skills and an excellent customer service orientation. The level of work ranges from very basic to more complex and may vary frequently, therefore it is important that the candidate be flexible.
- Manage configuration, testing, and system activities in Workday, including maintenance of organizational structures, business processes, etc.
- Lead the planning and execution of mass updates for annual events: compensation for annual reviews, compensation for annual union increases, and position budgets for next fiscal year.
- Write advance reports on various HR data elements, such as headcount, turnover, and employee demographics to meet specific business needs and present data in an easy-to-understand format, provide guidance to recipients and troubleshoot any errors or issues.
- Process mass changes using EIB uploads to process a large number of changes in a timely and accurate manner, testing and troubleshooting the EIB templates prior to loading in production and collaborating with other teams to ensure the data is accurate.
- Handle complex transactions and other escalations from data processing team, ensuring all necessary approvals and documentation are obtained and changes are processed according to established timelines.
- Partner with Finance to maintain position and budget tracking data in Workday, as well as distribute reports to Finance partners for the global budgeting process.
- Partner with the IT team to implement process improvements and new functionality that would increase the efficiency and quality of P&O services.
- Support data integrity through scheduled audit reports and error handling.
- Work with the greater People & Organization community (Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Business Partners, Analytics and Insights, etc.) in delivering key data.
- Provide personalized service to P&O leaders and partners from other departments for any questions or tasks they may have.
- Be a main point of contact for any special requests from business leaders that require reports or analyses based on employee data.
- Serve as functional subject matter expert for P&O systems, responds to requests from P&O generalists, centers of excellence personnel, Payroll and other support groups and employees regarding systems and processes, as well as to research a resolve employee data issues.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of employee information, promote data governance, and be a steward to promote improvements of overall data quality.
- Be a trusted resource for the entire global P&O team with respect to data and system processes and procedures
- Maintain a positive relationship with our parent Sony company by providing quarterly and annual employee data reports in a timely manner and by answering any questions thoroughly and accurately.
- Provide guidance to team members on the best approach to handle any problems that may arise around employee data.
- Participate in special projects and committees within the P&O department as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5 – 7 years of Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Workday experience is a plus.
- HR Operations and Payroll experience is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through on assignments; demonstrated commitment to getting tasks accomplished with minimal supervision
- Must have attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a strong sense of integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Organized individual who can prioritize a heavy workload and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced reporting environment
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining a professional and cooperative demeanor Experience dealing with employees at all levels and ability to adapt communication style to suit the cultural differences required for a global audience
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision, make good quality decisions, problem solve and adapt easily to changing priorities
Key Competencies/Core Knowledge
- Communicates effectively
- Interpersonal savvy
- Optimizes work processes
- Being resilient
- Manages ambiguity
- Business insight
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Values differences
The anticipated base salary for this position is $105,000 to $139,100. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA – Culver City – Studio Lot – CA01