Buenos Aires, AR
BB – ST MICHAEL L’HORIZON GUNSITE ROAD BRITTONS HILL
MX – MEXICO CITY JAVIER BARROS SIERRA #540
Mexico City, MX
Mexico City, MX
The Role: Payroll Manager, Latin America
The Grade/Level: (relevant for internal applicants only) 10
The Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Team: The LATAM Payroll Manager will manage the payroll team and is responsible for the monthly and annual payroll operations within Latin America.
The Impact: The primary responsibility of this role is ensuring that our people are paid in line with their respective terms and conditions as well as legislative requirements. You will ensure that all the obligations S&P Global has are managed and met in a timely manner. You will be the primary point of contact for managing the payroll service providers in order to provide accurate and timely delivery every month. You also will lead process improvement and ensure that we leverage our payroll system to improve our employee experience, support educating our line leaders, and drive efficiencies into our practices.
Payroll Compliance: Ensure that all employees (approximately 750) are paid in accordance with legislation, awards, and internal policies and procedures. Ensure that we are abreast of compliance requirements through changes to awards and legislation and plan for required changes in an effective manner. Take responsibility for internal and external audits and responding to legislative compliance requirements. Ensure that appropriate controls and processes are in place through the end-to-end payroll processes.
Payroll Processes, Systems, and Technology: Lead the continuous improvement of our payroll practices to maximize the use of our technology. Drive efficiencies for the team and support our people managers and employees being able to interact with our system and processes in a way that makes things easy.
Partner with the team and key stakeholders: Execute the delivery of improvements across processes and technology. Support an employee centric approach to employee and line leader inquiries. Enhance our HR reporting requirements to ensure that standard and customized reports are in place and that ad-hoc and external reports for workcover remuneration and FBT are completed in a timely manner.
Leads by example, creates a positive work environment, and promotes and drives team members’ efforts to reach group and individual goals. Able to develop, implement, and improve procedures that streamline team workflow. Able to resolve conflict independently. Deals with stressful situations appropriately.
What’s in it for you:
- Professional growth through managing projects, additional responsibilities.
- Opportunity to work on Global Payroll Projects and implement operational efficiencies.
- Opportunity to interact with multiple partners in a wide range of locations, which allows you to develop key skills and time management, stakeholder management, international communication and project management.
- Oversee payroll operations for Latin America.
- Implement, direct, and manage regional payroll operations, including vendor management, contract and SLA review, outsourcing governance, day-to-day service delivery, issue resolution, and project management.
- Establish strong stakeholder relationship management
- Effectively manage the outsourced vendors with respect to all payroll activities, including processing, tax requirements/filings, issue resolution, systems requirements, verifications and controls, and employee support.
- Manage payroll workflow to ensure that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Remain abreast of regulatory compliance and its influence on payroll operations; initiate proactive measures for compliance.
- Interact with and influence HR and Finance regional management. Manage day-to-day vendor relationships.
What we’re looking for:
- Graduation in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 plus years of experience in payroll processing end-to-end and ability to demonstrate best practices.
- Solid understanding of payroll related compliance in Latin America.
- Excellent communication abilities (verbal and written) with aptitude in problem solving.
- Experience in great attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic and a team player.
- Working knowledge of Workday is preferred.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Advanced English skills. Portuguese skills preferred.
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), HUMRES202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)