Allentown, PA – 1110 American Parkway
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Network Leave of Absence Specialist is responsible for overseeing and maintaining leave of absence data for the network. Provides training and guidance to other members of the HR team with LOA responsibilities. Must be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively communicate with all levels of hospital staff, visitors and outside agencies.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to questions regarding benefit issues, specializing in LOA policies and procedures. Directs incoming calls to appropriate party and/or takes messages as necessary.
- Drafts, edits and send letters, notices and other paperwork to employees on a leave of absence. Monitors employee during LOA.
- Coordinates LOA information with managers and insurance carriers to ensure that employees are tracked appropriately.
- Remains current on and disseminates information related to changes in laws and regulations related to FMLA, ADA and other applicable guidelines.
- Provides education to HR staff regarding LOA best practices and legal requirements.
- Audits LOA records to ensure policies are being applied accurately.
- Serves in the role of Absence Partner for Workday and will assist in team in processing time off adjustments as necessary.
- Monitors and addresses absence related tickets that are entered via Service Now.
- Monitors LOA volumes and makes recommendations to workflow adjustments as appropriate.
PHYSICIAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires sitting for up to six hours per day, 2 hours at a time. Requires occasional fingering, handling, twisting and turning. Occasionally requires lifting, carrying, pulling and picking up objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Rarely lifts up to 50 lbs. Occasionally stooping, bending and reaching above shoulder level. Must have the ability to hear as it relates to normal conversation, seeing as it relates to general, peripheral and near vision, visual monotony.
High School graduate required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Prior HR experience preferred. Must possess effective interpersonal skills. Computer experience with Word, Excel and HCMS required. Workday experience preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!