Job Description Summary-
At State Street, our people are our most valuable — and valued — resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 34 countries and more than 40,000+ employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street Bank is looking for a AVP, Security Lead to join our Global Human Resources Technology team. In this role, you will serve as the hands-on subject matter expert and point of contact for all Workday Security configuration and administration. You will leverage your functional and technical expertise to understand the requirements, business processes and contribute to the development of Enterprise-Wide Security Solutions.
The AVP, Security Lead will be responsible for working with business groups to design, develop, test, implement, administer, support and enhance all Global Human Resource (GHR) system security. The primary responsibility for this role is security administration support for Workday. This position will provide testing scripts and documentation for all facets of security implementation. This position will provide and coordinate control activities to ensure quality and adherence to enterprise security policies for a successful implementation and on-going support of all GHR systems.
With focus on automation to help transform operations to be effective and efficient for the security requirements globally, you will also provide day-to-day production support along with post implementation product support and guidance on possible enhancements to continuously improve our Workday platform.
- Responsible to update all security roles and access as new functionality and requirements are introduced to support “COE’s” Center of excellence
- Provide subject matter expertise to aid in decision making related to Workday Design and architect analysis
- Collaborate with client staff and leadership while mentoring junior staff
- Troubleshoot and solve Security related issues across all GHR domains
- Advise clients on industry standards and leading security practices to support end to end business processes
- Understand and apply Workday and State Street methodologies to support Risk Excellence objectives
- Design, development, implementation, maintenance of the security framework for cloud-based applications
- Maintains documentation for Service Centers, representatives and approval authority for service center business processes
- Create user accounts and assign required security roles to enable third party integrations (ISU & ISSG)
- Must have good understanding about Workday functional areas and associated Domain and BP security policies
- Solid understanding about security policy restrictions and configurable system security administration
- Analyze, design, and build new custom reports using standard Workday reporting functionality (ex: Report Writer, Calculated Fields) with the understanding of the minimum and maximum permission required to access data.
- Must have strong knowledge in creating Intersection, Aggregation & segment based security groups
- Ensure security and data privacy standards, develop and maintain awareness of both current and new functionalities.
- Provide audit support for internal, external and SOX. Perform on-going security audits, maintain security controls per audit policies and guidelines and perform impact analysis due to new needs, change requests or Workday system upgrades.
- Identify test scenarios and provide key support in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), track defects/ issues and provide resolution
- Document the current (From) and future (To) state of Workday security configurations, maintenance and support of Workday tenants
- Document business requirements, functional and technical specifications
- Act as an active member for the Workday community – staying ahead of Workday security updates, fixes and resolutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 10+ years of overall HCM/ HR systems experience with in depth knowledge and understanding of security and reporting administration.
- 5+ years understanding Workday Functionality (Security, Integrations, Business Process, Recruiting, Talent, Performance, Compensation, Payroll) with hands on experience managing implementing or supporting Workday business process, configuration & administration of HCM security groups, domains, security profiles. •Solid understanding of security configuration, security groups (Intersection, Aggregation) roles, workflow, and provision of user access
- Working knowledge of Workday’s system administration (tenant management, version releases, regression testing)
- Knowledge of Workday integrations, reports and calculated fields
- Ability to work on highly cross-functional, geographically distributed project teams
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities as needed
- Requires strong analytical skills with a good understanding and working knowledge of Global HR operations
- Communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Workday certification is a big plus