HR Generalist / Business Partner, Charles River Development, Officer
Who we are looking for:
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform – State Street Alpha – that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain, sounds like a challenge you are up for.
Who we are looking for
The HR Generalist will provide support to several HR Business Partners as well as senior leaders and managers in areas such as talent management, compensation, inclusion and diversity, company culture, recruiting/internal mobility, immigration planning, regulatory requirements and career development/learning.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining provides HR support to the Alpha and Charles River Development (or CRD), business lines. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform – State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
What you will be responsible for
As HR Generalist you will
- In partnership with the Learning team, provide support to new hires and transfers into the organization to help ensure successful assimilation.
- Help build a performance culture through support to HR Business Partners in managing and advising on talent plans for both high performing, high potential populations as well as underperforming employees.
- Provide HR expertise and project management support needed for M&A activity.
- Help drive awareness and progress related to our company wide commitments to inclusion and diversity
- Review employee survey results and help advise on and support appropriate action plans.
- Support the culture activation process focused on driving culture through behaviors
- Provide subject matter expertise on the broader HR operating model in order to help re-direct managers and employees who may need additional support/assistance.
- Analyze exit survey responses and turnover data.
- Partner with other HR COEs (Employee Relations, Legal, Talent Marketplace) to help manage involuntary separation processes.
- Regularly spend time producing WorkDay reports and analyzing data and maintaining data related to various initiatives.
- Participate in various project teams as needed within HR and/or across business areas.
- Take a leadership role driving employee engagement activities.
- Partner with out Internal Mobility team to help guide execution of our immigration program.
- Advise managers and help facilitate organizational changes, promotions, salary adjustments, etc.
- Partner with HR team members to administer the compensation process, maintain project plans for a number of compensation related deliverables as needed.
What we value
- Strong collaboration and teamwork
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Flexibility, ability to think creatively and to embrace change
- Strong problem solving and process improvement skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible HR experience preferred, preferably in multi-site/multi-state environments.
- Experience with global workforces and with a software development company desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of more than one area of HR (employee relations, immigration, compensation, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with Excel required, with demonstrated ability to manipulate large amounts of data within and between applications.
- Experience creating Tableau dashboards preferred
- Proficiency with WorkDay is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of HR related laws/regulations to include but not be limited to FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and proficiency in, a customer service culture.
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a heavy workload of multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail, and experience leading projects through to successful results.
- Proactive approach towards improving processes and systems.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Preferred location is based out of Burlington, MA but location can be negotiable/discussed.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers