NA Payroll Tax-Assistant Vice President (AVP)
The GHR Payroll and Tax Admin will be part of the Global Payroll Service Delivery Leadership team and will contribute to both the strategic and tactical direction of GHR North Americas Payroll. The role will be required to own and drive US and Canada Tax Administration initiatives . Working directly with our 3rd party outsource provider, as well as our key internal stakeholders and CoE’s and functional leads.
This role will be responsible for leveraging State Street’s Workday HCM / Payroll platform and other supporting systems such as our Service Provider tax and garnishment applications. This person will have a critical role in supporting payroll, our tax liability reporting, ensuring all federal and state tax laws and regulations are followed and up to date, auditing, working with General Ledger team, banking with respect to tax reconciliation and funding.
As the GHR Payroll and Tax Admin, you will be responsible to ensure that these US and Canada tax activities with related Compliance requirements are managed and carried out with our Service Provider, as agreed upon in the contract and aligned with SLAs.
GHR Payroll and Tax Admin Activities
- General Tax Administration: Processing and delivering of various tax and payroll related services for both US & Canada
- Responsible for Biweekly Payroll taxes – review pre and post payroll audits supporting on-cycle regular pay
- Responsible for Biweekly Payroll taxes – review pre and post payroll audits supporting Off-cycle regular pay
- Manage Annual Bonus / Merit pre and post analysis and reconciliation related to tax liability
- Responsible for Monthly Legal Entity and State withholding audits
- Oversight for Quarterly global Equity vest activities and transactions
- Yearend lead for Tax related activities – working with Service Provider, planning and executing
- Global Mobility and liaison with 3rd party service provider for payroll and GM
- Executive administrative tax support and inquiries
- Monitor of all tax payments working with Service Provider and Finance
- Manage setup and administration needed for new legal entities
- Review annually all programs with tax implications
- US state specific tax review, setup and configuration and testing as required
- Canada specific tax review by benefits, by provinces
- Primary lead for any audits planned or otherwise.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of related and relevant experience in North Americas Payroll tax administration or related field is critical requirement
- Proficient in Workday Payroll
- Must be detail oriented and deadline driven; ability to work in a fast-paced, structured and team-based environment, as well as independently
- Drive and carry out core and complex processing activities in accordance with established procedures
- Accountable for ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of results – with the Service Provider
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines
- Share responsibility with lead, manager and staff for resolving any issues related to processing activities and for accurate and timely processing and delivery
- Proficient in MS Office and capacity to learn new technology/systems
- Team oriented with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with Internal teams
- Responsible to ensure State Street Corporation’s internal control environment is operating effectively
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities