The HRIS Analyst as part of the GHR Global Technology team, will be accountable for executing the priorities assigned by the Technology Prioritization Board (TPB). The TPB is a centralized planning board for all GHR technology work. Supporting data integrity, testing of system changes, correcting and entering data, report writing, analyzing data flows and integration errors for process improvement opportunities. In addition, this role will be responsible for supporting production, releases, business processes, testing, integrations, and other technical projects as assigned.
Participate in the support and enhancement of the Workday HCM and Workday Payroll, and development and implementation of Workday Benefits, Time Tracking, and Absence in relation to payroll while upholding strict data integrity and regulatory guidelines. Provide support for the system and its users, including researching issues, unexpected results or process flaws and recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet system and workflow requirements.
- Technical Analysis and System Configuration – Responsible for systems configuration of various HR technologies (Workday, SharePoint, etc.). Hands-on involvement in systems from inception to delivery while partnering with project sponsors, IT partners, and cross-functional project team members
- Business and Impact Analysis – Responsible for analyzing projects to estimate effects on systems, business, employees, and clients to find solutions that reduce costs, improve customer service and provide actionable information.
- Configuration, Testing, Release Management – Responsible for reviewing release notes, requirements gathering & documentation, testing, and ensuring deployment plans are in place, including communication and training. The individual may also be responsible for developing project plans, release schedules, communications and training materials.
- Production Support – Monitor HR Services and address any functionality issues, performance or availability issues
- Help identify future system enhancements or functionality that may be beneficial to the organization
- Utilize project management skills to manage systems or reporting projects
- Ensure that procedures are followed and adequate internal controls are maintained
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of work experience
- 3-5 years providing Workday Payroll application support and business systems analysis for an HR Payroll department in a medium to large global company
- Experience with Workday report writing, EIBs and calculated fields a plus
- Demonstrated experience with working with Workday Benefits, Time Tracking, and Absence in relation to payroll a plus
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to pay persistent attention to detail, while maintaining an overall view of the situation and the “big picture”
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools with advanced Excel skills.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release management/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management
- Able to create test plans, test scenarios, test scripts, and use best practice testing methods and QA
- Knowledge of HR processes, policies and legal requirements
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Problem solving skills as seen thru the ability to apply systems/workflow thinking to solve business issues within HR practices.
- Experience interpreting data and presenting information and findings.