Canada – BC, Burnaby
Job Description Summary
Are you looking for a new challenge with responsibility for the maintenance and implementation of new functionality of our HR Systems? Are you ready to lead the systems portion of inter departmental projects including system releases/upgrades, enhancements, process redesign and new modules to enhance company effectiveness, productivity and success? Then this role might be for you.
As a Human Resources Systems Specialist you will be responsible for system security, end user set up and training and report writing. You will be a part of Tier 2 support for all internal HR and employee questions related to our HR Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure and test all functionality for assigned modules
- Work closely with internal teams to drive requirement gathering, design, build, testing and deployment of Workday functionality, both new and existing modules
- Analyze business processes to identify and propose new business process or program changes to address business specific requirements and provide continuous improvement
- Educate stakeholders on enhancement opportunities and process improvements through new functionality delivered during system updates
- Maintain system documentation, in particular with respect to maintaining data quality and business process documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Completed post-secondary education in Human Resources or related from a recognized institution
- 2+ years of progressive experience in HR
- 5+ years of Workday administration, maintenance and implementation
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL’s vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!