We have great people here and are looking for more. Come join us – you will love it!
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Global Compensation
Department: Total Rewards and People Systems
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: U.S. Remote
The Sr. Manager of Compensation manages and directs the administration of global fixed and variable compensation programs for us and participates in the strategic planning of compensation plans to attract, retain, and reward employees. Provides excellent customer service to employees and various client groups (includes partnering with local HR team members, Finance, Payroll, Legal, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate compensation administration activities including annual merit and incentive pay programs such as annual and quarterly bonuses. Prepares budget recommendations in partnership with Finance.
- Serves as the Workday functional lead to develop processes and tools and works with the Workday Team to configure Workday to support compensation processes globally including country-specific requirements. Manages all aspects of communications, People Organization readiness and manager training, including resources and tools, and guides the compensation events.
- Responsible for job architecture strategy, design and framework – rolling out a global salary structure and updating it on an annual basis including reviewing market data, recommending needed updates, and determining cost impact of these updates.
- Conducts job reviews/grade assignment using market data and internal comparison to determine the appropriate grade and pay range and FLSA status as appropriate. Provides guidance on job families, career progression, job titles, etc.
- Updates job profiles in Workday and maintains job review log and work papers. Completes salary survey submissions as assigned.
- Perform periodic benchmarking of pay programs and recommend changes as appropriate. Remain current with developments in the field of total rewards and compensation and ensure plans are compliant with FLSA and state minimum pay requirements.
- Partners with key stakeholders to set-up, maintain, and audit compensation information within Workday including job changes, one-time payments, shift differentials, allowances, salary structures, job profile components, etc.
- Serve as compensation lead and support M&A diligence and integration efforts.
- Research and respond to inquiries from participants, P&C partners, legal, auditors and payroll. Serve as the compensation lead for the annual SOX audits.
- Manage team member providing direction/guidance and ongoing feedback to support employee development and growth.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A college degree
- A minimum of 4+ years of Compensation administration experience for a public company
- Advanced Excel skills a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the HCM and compensation modules in Workday and how job codes and jobs, pay structures, incentive/commission plans, allowances and other components of compensation are set-up and maintained. Understands the connections to payroll
- Strong knowledge of compensation principles, design and practices and the regulatory environment surrounding compensation, especially the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Strong knowledge in the design and management of incentive programs and in the administration of those programs
- Project management skills
- Strong skills in the design and delivery of compensation information and materials
- Knowledge of global survey data and sources, survey submission processes and market pricing techniques
- Expertise in the design and administration of incentive programs
- Attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Excellent consultation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze a variety of data, determine validity, draw conclusions and make recommendations, and to present such in clear, concise and easily understandable manner
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast moving/dynamic environment and ensure projects are completed within expected time frames
The pay range for this position is $125,000 to $140,000. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible to participate in the Annual Incentive bonus plan. A full range of benefits including but not limited to medical, financial, unlimited sick time, 22 days’ vacation annually (for FT workers; prorated 1st year of employment), parental leave and other benefits are also provided. This information is provided per several state and local Equal Pay and Pay Transparency Laws. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Sterling’s internal or external careers site.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Sterling
Sterling is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions), gender identity and expression, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Sterling is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment individuals regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions), gender identity and expression, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, military service and genetic information; and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.