Hoboken, NJ – Main Campus
This fixed-term position is responsible for providing support for the data conversion and integration efforts of Stevens’ Workday Finance implementation project. The Data Conversion & Integration Support Lead will report directly to the Director of Workday Solutions. The assignment will be from February 2024 through August 15, 2025.
The Data Conversion & Integration Support Lead will be responsible for analyzing the requirements needed for data conversion, perform data conversion activities, as well as validate conversion and end-to-end testing results. They will also be responsible for the development lifecycle of all integrations for Stevens’ Financials implementation as well as the ongoing support and maintenance of these integrations through go-live in support of the Finance Systems team. Responsibilities will involve working with cross-functional project team members and Workday consultants on a consistent basis.
Corresponding responsibilities include but are not limited to systems integration development and maintenance, configuration support, and the related business process administration and security administration required to do so. Workday is a key, central system for Stevens, and as such, responsibilities of the team, including this position, span the entire Workday lifecycle including development, testing, implementation, enhancement updates, and system documentation.
The Data Conversion & Integration Support Lead will work closely with other Information Technology staff members, as well as work closely and cooperatively with members of the Stevens community, particularly those in functional areas supporting administrative financial operations. The Data Conversion & Integration Support Lead will follow best practices in systems analysis and software development methodologies to design and develop comprehensive systems enhancements, implement new functionalities, maintain systems and their integrations, as well as document specifications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reconcile and analyze large datasets from multiple systems
- Work with functional areas to determine conversion specifications and data mapping strategies, and identify data cleansing opportunities; Supply mapped data that is complete, accurate and de-duplicated
- Assist with testing during the development of data conversion programs and before tenant loads; Troubleshoot causes of data validation errors
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Workday integrations, ensuring high-quality and scalable solutions.
- Configure and optimize Workday Studio, EIBs (Enterprise Interface Builder), and other integration tools to meet business needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve integration issues, ensuring data accuracy and system reliability.
- Work directly with end users to resolve data issues and discrepancies
- Proactively resolve errors before data load timelines begin
- Collaborate with business analysts and stakeholders to gather integration requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Stay abreast of Workday updates and industry best practices to recommend and implement improvements
- Collaborate with other developers and teams to integrate Workday with third-party applications and internal systems
- Document integration processes, configurations, and changes for knowledge sharing and future reference
- Develop data mapping and crosswalks between conversion and legacy system data elements, and Workday system objects
- Extract necessary data from legacy systems
- Populate the Workday Deployment Workbooks as part of the Workday Deployment process, and as additional data requirements are determined thereafter
- Manually convert certain data (including non-electronic data and certain failed conversion records
- Perform data gathering responsibilities in a timely manner as determined in Plan Stage;
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Minimum of three years of professional experience dealing with systems analysis, integration development, and data conversion
- Proficiency with ETL (extract, transform, load) processes
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and related tools (e.g. Management Studio), with understanding of database import / export tasks
- Workday Integration Certification is highly desirable.
- Experience supporting an ERP system and enterprise applications
- Experience with modern programming languages and application development, specifically automation with Python and utilizing SOAP and Restful web services
- Proven experience as a Workday Integrations Developer, with a focus on Workday Studio and EIBs preferred
- Proficiency in web services, XML, XSLT, and other integration technologies.
- Experience with Workday Report Writing and calculated fields is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Professional experience in higher education preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both highly technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work on multiple projects / tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong self-initiation and the ability to work independently when necessary, while simultaneously being a strong team player
- Flexibility and creativity in producing solid deliverables
- Ability to flourish in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
Workday Financials Project – IT
General Submission Guidelines:
Please submit an online application to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Academic Submission Guidelines:
Teaching statement that includes a) teaching interests, b) teaching philosophy, and c) a plan on how to create an inclusive environment for students of all backgrounds in terms of classroom teaching, student advising, and graduate student mentoring
Contact info for at least 2-3 references (school-specific; please refer to job posting)
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu.
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
NSF ADVANCE Institution Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a welcoming and inclusive environment for students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minority candidates, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. Click here for a copy of this report.