Hoboken, NJ – Main Campus
Since its founding in 1870, Stevens Institute of Technology is a growing premier, private research university with a mission to inspire, nurture and educate leaders in tomorrow’s technology-centric environment while contributing to the solution of the most challenging problems of our time.
Stevens is committed to attracting and retaining an outstanding community of faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds and cultivating a supportive, inclusive learning and working environment that contributes to a technologically proficient workforce that is representative of our diverse society. Stevens offers a generous benefits package that includes 20 vacation days and an average of 15 holidays per year.
Stevens has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Treasury Analyst. The Senior Treasury Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day activity and analysis of treasury operations relating to cash management, cash accounting, and debt management. This position is part of the Division of Finance reporting to the Manager of Treasury Operations and is categorized as predominately remote under the university’s current Flexible Work Arrangement policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily and monthly accounting entries for multiple-bank accounts; including accounting entries related to wires, ACH, and cash transfers.
- Primary contact for all cash and banking-related activities which includes managing multiple bank accounts, daily cash positions, and university-wide cash flows; monitoring all bank balances and activity and resolving any problems; managing merchant card services, responding to inquiries regarding banking information.
- Initiate wires, account transfers, and ACHs; ensure that all payments and receipts are made in the most efficient, fraud-resistant, and cost-effective method; execute required and contractual payments timely and accurately.
- Prepare bond and grant requisitions for reimbursement when required; reconcile related accounts.
- Assist with opening/closing bank accounts and maintaining account documentation.
- Manage, transact, and report on the investments of Stevens’s working capital cash balance.
- Investigate, research, and resolve requests and inquiries received from university-wide partners and banks
- Optimize treasury management bank relationships, banking solutions, services, systems, and fee analysis, support for credit card compliance requirements.
- Assist in establishing treasury controls, procedures, and policies, and implementing process improvements.
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Treasury Management, Taxes, and Investments, and budget and planning colleagues, this position will compile data to prepare university-wide cash flow analysis and projections which are reported monthly to the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Support maintenance of the debt portfolio to ensure compliance with covenants and reporting requirements.
- Provide necessary backup for the Senior Accountant.
- Other projects and analyses as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration with an emphasis on accounting and finance.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience or equivalent therein.
- Strong experience in accounting concepts and prior experience in journal entry processing.
- Strong fundamentals in cash management and treasury concepts.
- Ability to work with electronic banking, and financial systems, extract data and reconcile financial transactions.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and video conference applications (i.e., Zoom, MS Teams, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills are required (i.e., Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, etc.) and other analytical tools, along with a willingness to experiment with and quickly learn new technologies.
- Team player with excellent communication, time management, judgment, problem-solving, analytical skills, and ability to multitask.
- Ability to interact with partners at all levels of the university and third-party providers such as banks and consultants.
- Respect for the confidentiality of department and university information.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation.
- Working knowledge of higher education accounting procedures and practices.
- Working knowledge of Workday Financials
Click Here to visit our HR Website for more information regarding the benefits we offer.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police