This leadership role is responsible for the design and delivery of Sturdy’s strategic talent management programs, overseeing the talent acquisition, employee relations, projects/process improvement initiatives and DE&I work. Develops strategies that attract, recruit and retain top talent and drive employee high performance through best practices in retention and engagement. Partners with the CHRO, HR Team, members of management and employees across the organization to shape and drive Sturdy’s talent strategy.
REPORTS TO: Chief Human Resources Officer
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: HR Generalist Team (3 people), Talent Acquisition Specialist, HR Project Specialist, (indirectly supervises Talent Acquisition Coordinator and HR Coordinator)
Essential Job Functions:
- Talent acquisition – oversees full-cycle recruitment, orientation and onboarding programs for non-physician employees across the hospital and healthcare practices. Conducts search process for higher level and hard-to-fill positions.
- Employee relations – works with HR Generalists, managers and employees on all aspects of performance management, performance improvement and conflict resolution. Ensures policies are kept up-to-date and employee relations matters are handled effectively, with the objective of ensuring legal compliance and minimizing unnecessary risk.
- Training and development – partners with the HR Project Specialist, HR Generalists and others within and outside of Sturdy to develop training and development opportunities across the organization. Provides leadership coaching, support and development to all levels of management.
- Retention and engagement – using research and best practices, executes programs, processes and culture initiatives geared toward creating a high-performing, engaged workforce. Works with management across the organization to drive down employee turnover and improve the employee experience throughout the employment lifecycle.
- DE&I – partners with the HR Project Specialist to facilitate, direct and expand the relatively new DE&I program.
- Project management – designs, implements and monitors projects and process improvement initiatives to create strategic HR value and enhance the employee experience.
- Utilizes key metrics and measurements to evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs and to support efforts to improve time-to-fill, employee engagement and retention, as well as other key HR initiatives.
- Reviews market competitiveness, researches best practices and emerging trends, and recommends cost-effective methods to enhance retention and employee engagement.
- Collaborates with the Director of Total Rewards and the Compensation & HRIS Analyst to ensure that compensation, benefits, rewards, recognition and other programs meet the diverse needs of our employee population.
- Effectively utilizes the Workday HRIS to manage all aspects of HR work. Suggests improvements to this relatively new system and works with Comp & HIRS Analyst and/or Workday IT Team to evaluate those improvements and, if appropriate, implement them.
- Maintains current knowledge of all state and federal employment laws and regulations. Works to ensure compliance and minimize legal exposure.
- Effectively collaborates with HR Team members, Payroll, legal counsel and outside vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in increasingly responsible HR generalist roles with an emphasis on talent acquisition and employee relations
- Minimum of 5 years of direct management experience
- Experience handling employee relations matters of all levels of complexity and difficulty
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of employment law and experience with all areas of employment-related legal and regulatory compliance
- Experience managing end-to-end talent acquisition in a fast-paced, high-volume recruitment environment
- Knowledge of cutting-edge sourcing strategies and experience building programs to meet the needs of hard-to-fill positions
- Experience building program to attract and retain employees in a highly competitive market and industry
- Working knowledge and understanding of other HR functional areas, including compensation, benefits, HRIS, etc.
- Hands-on leader, who holds a strategic viewpoint, while working on and leading the day-to-day
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, reprioritize work and deliver results in a timely manner while navigating a complex, fast-paced setting
- Self-directed, ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to readily adapt and change in a fast-paced environment
- Must hold the highest level of ethical behavior and be committed to maintaining the confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Excellent skill level with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience using a complex, robust HRIS
- Experience in designing and executing new programs and initiatives, as well as driving process improvement for existing processes and programs
- Change management skills/experience
- Experience with Workday HRIS is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
AGE AND DIVERSITY RELATED CRITERIA:
Consistently treats patients, colleagues and visitors with the dignity and respect, while being sensitive to the differing needs of all age groups, backgrounds, characteristics and cultures.
ABILITY TO FULFILL JOB EXPECTATIONS: Must have the ability to the perform essential functions of the position, including required work hours, locations and physical demands, without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or other individuals in the work place, and with or without reasonable accommodation.
Sturdy Memorial Hospital is an equal employment opportunity employer. There is no discrimination because of race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Please note: For the protection of the patients, employees, visitors and all who enter our facilities, Sturdy Memorial requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with limited exemptions, as a condition of employment.