Under the direction of the department manager/supervisor greets and directs visitors and patients to appropriate destinations. Follows well defined rules and guidelines with respect to disclosure of confidential information; performs clerical and receptionist duties in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service/receptionist experience
- Ability to work effectively with the internal and external customers while maintaining a composed, professional demeanor as the hospital/department’s initial representative
- Ability to use telecommunication devices to receive and direct incoming calls to appropriate departments and/or patient rooms
- Excellent command of verbal and written English; positive interpersonal communication dynamic with strong organizational skills
- Adheres to and respects confidentiality of all protected patient and employee information. Adheres to all policies related to confidentiality of protected information commensurate with HIPAA regulations
- Ability to problem-solve using creative and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize based on shifting demands
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks as warranted and appropriate
- Ability to multi-task, handle interruptions and work effectively in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Basic technology skills, including use of Microsoft office programs.
- Experience with Workday a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
Age Specific Criteria: Ability to effectively communicate with all age levels served within the scope of the position/assigned areas.
Ability to Meet Job Performance Expectations: Must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or other individuals in the workplace, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Sturdy Memorial Hospital is an equal employment opportunity employer. There is no discrimination because of race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Please note: For the protection of the patients, employees, visitors and all who enter our facilities, Sturdy Memorial requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with limited exemptions, as a condition of employment.