SOSMA O’Neil Blvd
Under the direction of the department manager/supervisor greets and directs visitors and patients to appropriate destinations. Follows well defined rules and guidelines with respect to disclosure of confidential information; performs clerical and receptionist duties in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service/receptionist experience
- Ability to work effectively with the internal and external customers while maintaining a composed, professional demeanor as the hospital/department’s initial representative
- Ability to use telecommunication devices to receive and direct incoming calls to appropriate departments and/or patient rooms
- Excellent command of verbal and written English; positive interpersonal communication dynamic with strong organizational skills
- Adheres to and respects confidentiality of all protected patient and employee information. Adheres to all policies related to confidentiality of protected information commensurate with HIPAA regulations
- Ability to problem-solve using creative and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize based on shifting demands
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks as warranted and appropriate
- Ability to multi-task, handle interruptions and work effectively in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Basic technology skills, including use of Microsoft office programs.
- Experience with Workday a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
Age Specific Criteria: Ability to effectively communicate with all age levels served within the scope of the position/assigned areas.
Ability to Meet Job Performance Expectations: Must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or other individuals in the workplace, with or without a reasonable accommodation.