If you are a current Ruger employee, please click here to apply internally.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Human Resources Business Partner
This position is located in Prescott, AZ
We are in search of a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to work in our Prescott, AZ location. As an instrumental member of the leadership team, the HRBP is responsible for developing and executing a full range of Human Resource services, to include initiatives and programs across the entire associate life cycle, with the goal of improving operational effectiveness, the associate experience, and the overall health of the business. The HRBP will work collaboratively with their local leadership team to establish key people initiatives and will serve as a trusted advisor and coach to management and all associates. This leadership role requires a “hands on” approach to strategically deliver on key Lean administrative projects and initiatives. The person in this role is a champion of and helps to facilitate and promote a positive work environment and evolving culture at Ruger, including promoting the Company’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork.
- Partners with other HRBPs to align HR strategy to business strategy
- Actively participates in workforce planning with local leadership in accordance with SIOP requirements
- Coordinates workforce needs with HR Director
- Review and recommend to HR Director the organization’s Associate compensation program by benchmarking competitive wage and salary data
Company Policies and Compliance:
- Support and enforce current Company Policies and Programs
- Review and recommend to HR Director the organization’s policies and programs by benchmarking competitive data
- Maintain regulatory compliance by staying informed of current trends and regulations in the human resources arena
- Serves as the direct point of contact for all HR related conversations, for all staff in the designated local business group
- Responsible for dispute resolution ensuring that disciplinary enforcement is fair and consistent with established HR policies and procedures
- Work with the Corporate Compliance Officer on workplace investigations
- Conduct salary associate exit surveys
Business Partner Team Member in One Best Way Initiatives/Knowledge Center:
- Partners with other HRBPs as a change agent to the business through process design that support change and transformation– striving to lead mutual processes to best practice
- Create organizational development education and training for identified stakeholders, including coaching and mentoring of staff in effective application of the organization’s mission and vision
- Identify the needs for training and staff development pertaining to emotional intelligence in order to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance along with adhering to the organization’s values
- Provide leadership and guidance on all workforce matters, including, but not limited to, performance, training and education, retention, attrition, compensation, compliance investigations and corrective actions and related documentation, etc.
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be of high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times. Other requirements and considerations include:
- A four-year degree is required for this role. An advanced degree related to Human Resources or Organizational Development would be a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role and in a similar type of work environment is a must.
- A strong understanding of Human Resource issues and Employment Law is mandatory to be successful in this role.
- Strong written and verbal skills along with the ability to present information to peers, subordinates and Company-wide leadership is critical.
- A successful candidate should enjoy being on the factory floor and be able to deal with any disagreements in a positive, productive manner.
- Microsoft Office computer skills are a must. Any experience with Workday or other HCM software would be a plus.
Salary: DOE, please submit your salary requirements with you resume.
Must be able to successfully pass a drug and background screen.
Applications will be reviewed as received. If we have further interest, we will reach out to you directly. Thank you, for your interest in Ruger Firearms.