Fort Mill SC 29715
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Job Description Summary
The Benefits Analyst provides analytical and strategic support in the delivery and auditing of the benefit programs to ensure smooth administration of group plans. Manages assigned projects, engaging internal and external resources to ensure timely completion. Serves as subject matter expert for administration and governance of health, welfare and retirement plans.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the management of benefit documents, workflows and employee inquiries as it relates to employee benefits, including group health plans and voluntary benefit plans
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Enrolls employees into benefits plans, processes life and employment status changes through Workday
- Creates more efficient benefits business processes to support a complex and multi-layered organization
- Performs data analysis using a variety of quantitative and qualitative techniques and methods, identifies specific problems and issues for consideration and prepares comprehensive benefit reports and presentations
- Assists in the drafting, review and updating of employee benefit communication materials (open enrollment etc.)
- Provides support to the Director, Benefits for compliance activities and government filings (ACA, 5500s, SPDs, SARs, etc.)
- Provides benefit support for US-based merger & acquisition activities
- Oversees routine and ad hoc audits of benefit enrollment, terminations, dependents and billing/funding, to ensure continued accuracy
- Assists Director with the review and processing of all benefits-related costs
- Maintains data integrity by conducting regular audits of benefit data between internal and external systems to ensure accuracy
- Manages limited scope projects using best practices in project management and ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Completes annual benefit admin testing for any plan changes as required by regulatory updates and for Open Enrollment and new plan offerings
- Assists with wellbeing initiatives including annual strategic planning
- Assists with administration of all benefit programs
- Supports compliance with applicable government regulations by monitoring new requirements and recommending internal process changes
- Participates in Human Resources Technology (HRT) meetings and partners with the HRT team to identify, suggest, and implement ongoing process improvements in Workday
- Prepares regular benefit reports extracting data from the database; identifies and resolves data discrepancies
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent work experience plus 3-5 years of direct Benefits experience, including at least 3 years of extensive experience with complex data analyses and benefit plan and business process recommendations
- High level of excel skills including VLOOKUP, if statements, and pivot tables for data analysis
- Ability to understand Sunbelt Rentals’ culture and leverage that as a positive means of achieving objectives
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Ability to multitask successfully
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills, including demonstrated ability to: problem solve, communicate effectively, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintain highly confidential employee information and files
- Experience with Workday preferred
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Base Pay Range: $57,070.00 – 78,471.80
Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. Please visit https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/careers/ for more information on our benefits and to join our Talent Network.
Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals supports service members. Veterans encouraged to apply.
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.