Fort Mill SC 29715
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Job Description Summary
The Functional People Technology Manager is responsible for the delivery of HR product enhancement roadmaps, gathering and documenting requirements, key to designing system solutions responsible for HR technology governance (request intake and prioritization among the HR function); and is key to all HR platform testing. He/she represents HR as a key partner to Digital Technology/IT resources. Key systems of focus include Workday and Service Now, among others.
- Manage the HR technology (Workday, Service Now, etc.) product evolution on a day-to-day basis, ensuring the continual flow of work through clear & detailed requirements generation and opportunistic problem solving to meet development goals and program objectives
- Serve as HR’s key resource for HR IT platform strategy development and provide oversight and governance for HR’s needs; manage intake and prioritization process across HR.
- Serve as IT’s key resource in partnering to manage HR IT platforms.
- Collaborate with user experience design and research team, Workday and Service Now technical team, project management and subject matter experts to develop innovative solutions
- Work within an Agile framework to define testing user stories, outline success criteria, prioritize the product roadmap, and act as the liaison with various internal stakeholders / business teams
- Work closely with HR leaders and program owners, and technology teams to bring experiences to business teams and end users, through collaborative solution design of the product capabilities & features
- Proactively identify Workday and Service Now product enhancements to deliver an intuitive employee experience
- Help discover internal organizational needs, systems and operations requirements, rollout requirements and usability
- Create and manage a product backlog to prioritize user stories for implementation
- Define and track testable user stories in an Agile development life cycle – partnering with HR, business, and technology team members as necessary to craft these detailed requirements
- Help define the minimum viable product (MVP) quickly and lead iterative development for future releases
- Define metrics and KPI’s to measure actual results versus desired outcomes
- Focus on technical elements, including mapping and integrating with multiple systems
- Prioritize issues and inquiries; manage internal escalation and resolution of issues
- Track and monitor issues; provide regular reporting / analysis
- Help gather user input and trends to define product requirements
- Understand business implications of decisions in order to align work with strategic goals
- Review end user satisfaction results and recommends, designs, and implements HR program and internal customer action plans
- Review, analyze and prioritize HR end user feedback to incorporate in user stories
- Guide development teams to produce creative solutions that deliver results by connecting them to the HR teams and product vision
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related to Design, Computer Engineering, Business, Human Resources or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of experience in digital product or experience management or HRIS, developing strategy, roadmaps and businesses cases, including a minimum of 3 years of working with internal creative and engineering teams or external development partners
- Minimum 3+ years in managing Workday, ServiceNow and other HR solutions, with experience in global organization models
- Deep understanding of building adoption
- Knowledge of core principles of Agile methodology and development practices including Scrum, Kanban, Lean software development, etc.
- Familiarity and experience using tools such as Jira and Confluence for product user stories and agile development
- Track record of successfully translating HR program-to-technical requirements
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning, a deep knowledge of human-centered design, a data-driven decision mindset, and an interest in the construction rental industry
- Passion for identifying and solving business problems, and proven ability to prioritize high value opportunities to productize HR programs
- A bias to action and a proven track record of delivering both minimum viable products and scaled solutions within a matrixed organization at rapid speed
- Ability to guide matrixed partner teams as well as collaborate across the organization for desired outcomes
- Comfortable working autonomously with strong focus on execution and driving project deadlines to completion
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and qualitative insights to create exceptional digital experiences
- Comprehensive understanding of the latest Workday products, features, and user experience best practices
- Success in developing strong working relationships across many layers of an organization and outside agencies
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines
- Global experience preferred
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Base Pay Range: $105,257.00 – 144,728.10
Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. Please visit https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/careers/ for more information on our benefits and to join our Talent Network.
Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals supports service members. Veterans encouraged to apply.
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.