Fort Mill SC 29715
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Job Description Summary
Hybrid: (In Office Tuesday & Thursday)
Human Resources Specialist (HR Leave Administrator)Sunbelt’s FMLA/Leave Specialist is empowered administer leave so we can make it happen for our internal customers.
The FMLA/Leave Specialist will oversee and administer leave requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention, particularly those arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state and local leave laws, and short-term or long-term disability plans.
- Communicates with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave.
- Handles the FMLA leave administration process from the employee’s initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, sending out appropriate leave paperwork, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Maintains reasonable communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason.
- Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA, military leave, or other leave(s).
- Facilitates other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests or intermittent leave under the ADA.
- Collaborate with appropriate managers (HR, Employee Manager) as necessary in designating leaves to determine if requests should be approved or denied, based on eligibility and/or other requirements.
- Drafts and/or recommends revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Work with disability provider to ensure disability claims are filed correctly.
- Maintain tracking of employee leave information in Abentys (Leavelink).
- Update employee leave status in Workday in a timely manner.
- Coordinate return to work and accommodations.
- Assist with testing HRIS system as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience plus 2-3 years of administering leave of absence or related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws
- Ability to process multiple requests and maintain the highest level of organization
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide the highest level of service across all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain highly confidential employee personal health information and files
- Ensure HIPPA compliance
- Experience with Workday preferred
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
2-3 years of administering leave of absence or related experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on:
FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws
Safety is key to our culture:
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace:
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer —Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Do you have any of these titles on your resume? Related experience may include: HR Representative, Employment Representative, FMLA Analyst (Human Resources Analyst), HR Coordinator (Leave Coordinator), HR Generalist (Human Resources Generalist), Human Resources Specialist (HR Specialist), Benefits Administrator
Base Pay Range: $19.28 – 26.51
Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals supports service members. Veterans encouraged to apply.
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.