Fort Mill SC 29715
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer’s first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Job Description Summary
HR Benefits Specialist
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
The Benefit Specialist (Retirement) will be responsible for supporting the on-going administration of the 401(k) and 409(a) retirement plans, including processing weekly funding, ongoing audits and reporting, file error corrections, and daily interaction with Plan record-keeper and internal benefits team. The administration support also includes data analysis and processing, responding to employee escalations, and working on special projects in support of retirement and benefits programs.
Position Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Processes, calculates, and submits weekly 401(k) and 409(a) funding to plan administrator working with record-keeper, payroll, and HRIS teams as needed
- Analyzes and researches 401(k) financial and indicative file errors
- Serves as a liaison between beneficiaries and participants and the plan administrator, handling or facilitating requests for contribution adjustments, refunds, and other administrative changes for the retirement plans
- Explains retirement benefit plan policies, procedures, and legal requirements to employees and beneficiaries
- Addresses elevated employee issues related to 401(k) and 409(a) retirement plans
- Processes and reconciles 401 (k) record-keeper invoices timely and accurately
- Performs ad hoc reporting utilizing retirement recordkeeping platform and company HRIS system
- Leads the 401(k) audits, identifies improvement opportunities, and presents detailed action plans for resolutions to HR senior leadership
- Prepares 409 (a) Performance Base Files
- Attends ongoing retirement calls, reviews and improves standard processes, and ensures team members are set-up accurately in the HRIS and record keeping systems
- Assists with the annual 409 (a) Open Enrollment and ensures the yearly elections are updated in the HRIS system accurately
- Processes address changes, permissible withdrawal forms, as needed
- Performs additional compliance items, as provided by Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent work experience plus 3 years of direct Benefits administration experience
- Ability to understand Sunbelt Rentals’ culture and leverage that as a positive means of achieving objectives
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Ability to multitask successfully
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills, including demonstrated ability to problem solve, communicate effectively, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintain highly confidential employee information and files
- Experience with Workday preferred
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Base Pay Range: $22.95 – 31.55
Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals supports service members. Veterans encouraged to apply.
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.