San Diego CA 92110
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer’s first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Regional Recruiting Manager (Veterans Programs) will be empowered to drive Sunbelt Rentals’ outreach, engagement, and recruiting activities to support organizational Veterans hiring goals.
this is a remote position that will report to a Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager (Strategic Initiatives). The role will help identify, manage, and grow external partnerships to attract Service Member talent to the organization. This role will be responsible to assist in developing and then executing a program to connect exiting Service Members with various job opportunities within Sunbelt Rentals, as well as Sunbelt Rentals’ career training development programs.
While the primary focus will be supporting recruiting goals in Service Member communities, the role may also support other recruiting live events (trade schools and colleges.)
This is position requires:
- Ability to meet any applicable requirements for civilian access to US military installations
- Ability to comply with any applicable OFFCP COVID regulations
- Ability to report to various work sites for related activities (training, meetings, live events, etc.)
- Local and overnight travel up to 50% of the time.
- HS diploma or GED
- Preference for BS / BA degree in related field or equivalent years in experience
- Recruiting, including sourcing and assessing high demand candidates either as a military recruiter or in a civilian role
- 3+ years of experience in Account Management
- 2+ years military recruiting experience in the civilian workforce preferred
- Engaging with military population and communities
- Former Service Member or spouse of Service Member preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities that prepare you for success:
- Engagement of veterans through various military platforms and leaders, such as:
- Transition Services Specialist Soldier for Life: Transition Assistance Program (TAP); and
- SkillsBridge, Hiring Our Heroes, or similar transition support programs
- Ability to utilize creative sourcing techniques, including network organizations, social media and referrals
- Knowledge of various military occupations training and related civilian roles
- Emphasis on skilled trades (mechanics, technicians, & drivers)
- Supplementing existing skills through additional training to increase transition opportunities to ancillary civilian occupations
- Experience using an applicant tracking system (ATS) or customer relations management (CRM) software.
- Microsoft (MS) Office, including ability to use PowerPoint & Excel
- Customer service drive to support candidate and hiring manager expectations
- Commitment to achieving diversity hiring outcomes
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time for base visits, and recruiting events within the US and Canada
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities that you may develop:
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with Program or Project management
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.