Fort Mill SC 29715
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Manager, Payroll is responsible for the activities involved with processing the Company’s payroll for all employees, ensuring employees are paid on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations and Company policies. This position will oversee the payroll team, including payroll processing, payroll accounting, and payroll tax, and lead long-term planning, including initiatives geared towards increasing efficiencies for the team.
- Manages all aspects of the Company’s weekly, bi-weekly, and semi-monthly processing scheduling for the US and Canada
- Leads process improvement initiatives designed to improve payroll processing efficiency and accuracy, implementing best practices and improvements as necessary
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation of all Company payroll operations and works closely with the Human Resources office to ensure that payroll actions are in conformance with employment and benefits practices as well as accounting procedures
- Stays current on the latest federal and state payroll regulation changes and is timely and effective in communicating needed changes to appropriate departments
- Ensures all quarterly and annual tax filings and deposits are filed as required
- Collaborates with Finance department to ensure payroll-related transactions are reconciled and recorded appropriately
- Responds to internal and external payroll data or report requests from agencies and auditors
- Partners with HR Technology to manage Workday system configuration changes and enhancements related to the payroll function
- Attends acquisition meetings and facilitates acquisition payroll processes
- Handles the preparation and balance of the wage- and tax-related information for the purposes of importing YTD information into the payroll system for Stock acquisitions
- Manages the payroll preparation for union set-up within Workday
- Researches payroll errors to determine cause and ensures they do not reoccur
- Ensures all payroll processes are working cohesively
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience and at least 10 years of prior Payroll experience in a multi-state company
- Includes at least 3-5 years management experience
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and ability to learn other software applications as required.
- Extensive knowledge of multi-state payroll-related laws
- Proven discretion in handling confidential matters
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- CPP Certification or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of multi-state withholding and unemployment requirements preferred
- Experience with Canadian payroll preferred
- Workday experience preferred
- Prior Human Resources or other related experience preferred
Base Pay Range: $90,634.00 – 124,622.30
Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. Please visit https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/careers/ for more information on our benefits and to join our Talent Network.
Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals supports service members. Veterans encouraged to apply.
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.