SBS – Shared Services
US6440 Sysco Business Services, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
$22.64 – $30.67
You may be eligible to participate in the Company’s Incentive Plan.
In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
As a Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for the accuracy, and timeliness of assigned bi-weekly OPCO payroll transactions. You are expected to understand and manage statutory requirements, along with policy changes and updates to ensure the reconciliation of payroll meets audit requirements. The Payroll Specialist will possess significant experience in multi-state payroll processing, the ability to multi-task in a challenging and ever-changing environment while delivering exceptional customer service to improve the satisfaction of our business partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing, audit and related processes for assigned business units, including special projects and biweekly, quarter and year-end audits.
- Performs basic analysis and research related to payroll processing.
- Develops and maintains awareness of SOC 1 controls and accountable for compliance at each task performed.
- Builds relationships of trust, respect, and partnership with field contacts by providing exceptional customer service.
- Identify areas requiring process improvement and escalate to internal leadership.
- Run variance reports and review the accuracy of the payroll data along with individual transactions input
- Lead the preparation for quarter/year-end processing
- Assist with annual enrollment with testing and performing applicable end dating activities
- Input and validate weekly payrolls accurately and timely, based on company policy and guidelines.
- Reconcile GL and payroll outstanding items on a weekly basis
- Ensures the integrity of payroll data based on Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Understand Payroll Principles as outlined by the Payroll Industry reference sources
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Associate degree in Business Administration or Accounting (or equivalent in education and experience)
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years of payroll processing experience
- Multi-state taxation, and Year-End management experience
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency with MS Office Excel and payroll processing software
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll, Workday Payroll, and Timekeeping systems preferred
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), and/or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to customize responses to meet the relevant needs of each customer.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral, written and listening) skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Handle confidential information in a discrete manner are crucial.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Must be a quick learner and adapt to a fast-paced payroll environment.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines, with attention to detail
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.