A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
HR Technology – Lead Software Engineer (Workday Integrations)
The HR Technology team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to lead our Workday Integration development team. Our team in building a suite of next-generation native cloud enabled applications and Workday solutions in support of the HR organization. In this role, you will be part of an Agile team of smart, hardworking people whose mission it is to develop new capabilities using modern web/cloud technologies.
The Lead Software Engineer will lead the design, development, modification and implementation of short- and long-term HR Technology solutions in order to deliver on key business initiatives for the firm. This is a hands-on, full SDLC role which provides an opportunity to tackle complex business, logic, data and technical challenges.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Provides technical leadership to Workday Integration development team
- Partners with business partners, architecture, and delivery team to determine the best technical solution to meet the business needs. Translates the business requirements into technical designs. Makes tactical vs. strategic trade-offs.
- Sets standards and leads code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on optimizing others’ code
- Performs hands on development of Workday integrations and new applications, as well as modernization of legacy applications. Debugs any system, even those not written by themselves
- Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.
- Establishes software engineering standards and best practices including those that have enterprise-wide impact
- Manages a team of Workday integration developers, manages performance and talent development. Serves as a coach and mentor for direct reports and colleagues with less experience
- Communicates progress and status of the initiatives, identifies dependencies, removes impediments
- Accountable for the quality, TCO, maintainability and security of key components or applications
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when/how/if to apply them appropriately
- Contributes to enterprise software engineering forums and best practices
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/ Software Engineering
- 8+ years of hands on programming experience, with at least 5+ years of hands on experience with Workday Integration tools (Studio, EIB)
- 5+ years of XML, XSLT, and xPath experience
- 3+ years of advanced report building in Workday (Simple, Matrix, Composite, Advanced, etc.)
- Experience building BIRT reports using Workday Studio
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring software engineers
- Strong communicator (written, verbal), experience communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in working on Agile teams and using agile tracking and process management tools, (e.g. Rally, JIRA)
- Flexible in his or her thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented
Additional experience a plus:
- Experience with Prism Data sources in Workday
- Experience with Workday Extend (Formerly Workday Cloud Platform)
- Demonstrates deep HR domain expertise (Benefits, Recruiting, Performance, Leave of Absence, Payroll, Time Tracking, and other areas)
- Able to make technology decisions that are cognizant of the firm’s broader technology and business strategy
T. Rowe Price is committed to providing our associates with a comprehensive total rewards benefit program, including wellness, retirement and quality-of-life benefits. Please view What We Offer to see what’s available to you.
As part of T. Rowe Price’s Health and Safety protocols, effective October 19, 2021, any US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.