Number of Openings
The primary purpose of the Senior Application Developer is to lead and participate in the system development life cycle including technical design, development, testing and deployment of Talen IT and business solutions. The employee will provide leadership and direction for the full range of software application development activities, as well as maintenance/ enhancement of existing computer-based systems or software modules supporting one or more business areas or enabling technologies. The systems supported/developed will typically involve several technologies, including database, client-server, integration and web service components as well as requiring the individual to be an expert in multiple software languages and tools. He/She may serve as a technical lead for other Application Developers, including coaching and mentoring of their technical skills. The incumbent may act in a supervisory role and may have direct reports. He/She will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of processes and procedures within Talen IT and the supported business units and is expected to continue formal and informal training to enhance and sustain these required skills. He/She will be expected to be able to analyze, troubleshoot and solve complex problems using a variety of tools and mentor others in this skill set. The incumbent will provide technical direction and builds effective relationships. He/She will communicate effectively in a verbal and written manner. EOE M/F/D/V
- Support HR and Financial business partners with knowledge and experience of various Workday modules including Payroll, Recruiting, Time Entry, Benefits, General Ledger, Expense, Invoice, Supplier Management, Financials, Absence, Compensation, and Core HR.
- Build Workday integrations using the tools such as Workday Studio, Core Connectors, Cloud Connectors, and Enterprise Interface Builders.
- Create and update hundreds of Workday custom reports proficiently with Workday advanced reporting tools such as Workday standard reports and custom reports.
- Have solid understanding and hands on experience with various technologies like SOAP, WSDL, XML and XSLT that are used in building an integration.
- Experienced in writing test cases and building test scenarios for integrations and reports.
- Must exhibit excellent ability to articulate well with team and business partners and adapt quickly to rapidly changing environments.
- Work with team to support other cloud applications such as Okta and SuccessFactors and how they integrate with Workday.
- Interact directly with various vendors to gather requirements and analyze the specifications to determine if existing integrations need to be updated or if new integrations need to be created.
- Work with team to test and validate Workday integrations, reports, and configurations for the semi-annual Workday upgrades.
- Work with team members to share, train, and assist in all areas related to Workday configurations, integrations, and support for business partners.
- Evaluate all scheduled integrations and reports within Workday to assess the right balance for optimal system performance while delivering all scheduled reports to business partners in a timely manner.
- BS/BA in a business area, engineering, or computer science.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- 4+ years of experience with Workday HCM and/or FCM creating, as well as, supporting integrations, business processes, and custom reports.
- 4+ years of overall IT experience as a System Analyst or Developer, and in an operational support role partnering with HR and/or Financial business teams.
- Must have experience creating and supporting Workday HCM/FCM integrations using Studio, EIB’s, Core Connectors, Cloud Connector, and Webservices.
- Have a strong understanding of Workday Security model.
- Experience with implementing Single Sign On for cloud applications.
- Working knowledge of productivity, enterprise scheduling, ticketing tools such as OxygenXML, JAMS, and ServiceNow.
- In-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle phases such as Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment.
- Must be a self-starter with good analytical problem-solving capabilities and strong emphasis on delivering quality results.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills with solid understanding of application administration.
- Good understanding of object migrations between implementation, sandbox and production tenant.
- Extensively worked on Workday data conversion for implementation, post implementation data fixes, and during integrations creation.
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .