As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you’ll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement.
HR Strategy & Operations owns many essential functions that support team members’ experience of working at Target. This team includes Strategic Workforce Planning, where you’ll make the talent decisions that best serve the organization’s business needs, both in the near term and via forecasting years in advance. Or choose a role in Organizational Change Management, where you’ll lead support personnel needs through periods of organizational growth and transformation. Or maybe you’re an HR Process and Technology guru, where your aptitudes for efficiency and technology will ensure peak HR system performance and getting the maximum possible return on our HR technology investments.
As a Senior HR Analyst working within HR Process and Technology, you will provide expertise and support to core HR systems through general system support, configuration, process design, data accuracy, analytics, and integrations with internal/external vendors. Consult with business partners to research, document, implement and execute new and/or revised HR programs and systems. Proactively analyze and present information and data in a context appropriate to evaluate ongoing programs, strategic priorities and Company directives. We’ll support you along the way with robust onboarding, as well as personal and career development, to help you grow as a strong Sr. Analyst. The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Additional responsibilities of this role are listed below:
• Provide functional system support for end users.
• Plan and execute projects while providing ongoing progress communication and status updates.
• Maintain a high level of system and process expertise and understanding of core HR systems.
• Understand and use expertise of available data elements to develop creative solutions and recommendations.
• Build strong partnerships and collaborate with the team, key business partners, and Target Technology Services (TTS) in day to day work and issue resolution.
• Develops and maintains documentation of HR systems processes.
• Responsible for data review and monitoring.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Four-year degree or equivalent experience
• 2-5 years of related experience working in/ supporting a core HCM system (i.e. Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP)
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in systems management (configuration, integrations, security)
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong system skills and technical aptitude/interest
• Ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
• Delivers timely and quality work while demonstrating effective work prioritization
• Workday experience preferred