London, United Kingdom
Home Based – Poland
Home Based – USA
People Systems Manager
(Workday and HRIS Manager)
We’re looking for a talented and analytical People Systems Manager to help us drive agile, efficient and modern employee and manager experiences, with company purpose and culture at the heart of all that we do. The People Systems Manager will report to the Director, People Services [shared service] and sit on the People Services leadership team.
Unlock your curiosity at Tate & Lyle
Tate & Lyle is on a journey of change, inspired by our purpose of Transforming Lives through the Science of Food. Today, we are a global leader in sweetening, texture and fortification products that remove calories and add fibre. Customers use our innovations to create healthier, tastier food and drink for billions of consumers. Across the world, we are unlocking the curiosity and courage in our people – to foster a truly experimental culture and create a tech-enabled, more agile, risk-ready operation. Join us to play your part in growing our business and its positive impact on communities, society and the planet.
Our Systems Journey
In 2020 we simplified our systems landscape with the implementation of Workday, since then we have continued to roll-out new functionality including US payroll and Time Tracking and have continuously improved existing processes with 150+ change requests. Our Workday Roadmap includes solutions to further enable business processes such as Scheduling, Advanced Benefits and potentially Workday Journeys. Workday is an important strand of our people systems strategy.
As part of a wider company ambition for digitisation, the HR function is looking to radically improve employee and manager experience, removing barriers to execution and delivering simple, modern, agile, efficient people processes. The role holder will be responsible for owning, evolving, driving/executing the systems strategy to deliver brilliant basics, automate where possible, optimise existing technology and evaluating new solutions (Workday plus other leading solutions) to meet business requirements.
- Manage the delivery of systems enhancements ensuring service delivery to the business is efficient, consistent and of high quality
- Develop and manage the provision of HR org structure maintenance service delivery to the business to support effective planning and decision making, providing an accurate and efficient service within agreed HR Shared Service timescales
- Ensure all HR Systems users are fully trained, identify and implement changes to improve system efficiency, maintain robust data and protect the integrity and quality of HR data
- Ensure the overall design and feasibility of Workday and other people systems are fit for purpose and in line with our ethos and business needs
- Ensure that the development and enhancement of the systems portfolio is aligned to the HR strategic objectives
- Actively build and maintain strong relationships with appropriate external stakeholders to enhance and support the People Systems function
- Support HR function to define user requirements and build strong relationships with key stakeholders and specialist functions including IS/IT and finance
- Build strong relationships with HR colleagues and business managers as required and act as subject matter expert on HR Systems including Workday, integrations, case management or any other relevant systems
- Resolve technical and service delivery issues escalated from People Services and the People Systems team, continually reviewing service performance and identify opportunities for improvement including identifying and mitigating risks to HR data accuracy. Escalate potential serious issues to the Director, People Services
- Chair People Systems governance meetings and manage the change request process, represent People Systems in IS/IT governance fora
- Act as single point of contact with AMS provider, escalating issues for resolution and managing the service and contracted hours
- Manage key third party relationships with system providers and integrators
- Ensure that process and systems development maintain and enhances the accuracy of HR management information
- Actively work with stakeholders to integrate people data acquired from merger and acquisition activity
- Actively build data privacy into the design, maintenance and operational support of all people systems
- Ensure that the roles within the system align to the agreed responsibilities to the user groups i.e.: Compensation & Benefits, Talent, Finance, Service Desk
- Manage, motivate, and develop People Systems team and ensure optimal performance and continual delivery. Identify development needs, manage individual performance, and complete PDRs
- Positively promote the Tate & Lyle employer brand, ensuring that purpose, culture are incorporated into the overall focus and strategy of People Systems and the wider People Services team.
What we’re looking for
We look for people who will thrive in a changing business and a culture that is evolving day by day – we value curiosity, courage and a willingness to challenge others constructively. Hungry for impact, you will be excited by delivering original and imaginative content for our fast-growing business. You also need:
- You will have experience of HR systems within medium/large complex organisation
- In-depth knowledge of Workday, including HCM, Absence, Core and Advanced Benefits, Core and Advanced, Security, Time-Tracking, Talent and Performance, Learning, Integrations, Reporting and Analytics, and Payroll
- Knowledge of additional HR systems
- Advanced IT skills including MS Excel
- Ability to manage a busy team in a fast-paced environment and with strong ability to multitask
- Project management skills with proven experience of project management and implementation
- Keeps up to date with the latest HR systems developments and best practice
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, presentation and communication skills
- Highly customer service focussed
- Sound judgement and strong decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team management skills, with the ability to direct, encourage, support and motivate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent / CIPD qualified
- Experience of working in a shared service environment
Rewarding your contribution
As a business operating in 50 countries worldwide, we offer a global rewards package to all employees alongside a range of country-specific benefits. The global package includes a bonus scheme, 16-week Equal Parental Leave and mental health & well-being support.
Joining Tate & Lyle in the UK
Our global headquarters are in a fantastic London location, overlooking Hyde Park near Marble Arch. The office is home to our Executive Board and colleagues working across a range of global functions. The majority of the team split their time between home and office. The site is set up to support hybrid working and promote collaboration. It is a progressive workspace with a mix of different areas including meeting pods, sofas, an outside terrace, a quiet library room and a wellbeing space.
What we can offer
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- Medical insurance
- Life assurance
This is a pivotal time in Tate & Lyle’s the 160-year history. We hope you will join our team in Transforming Lives through the Science of Food.
Although this role is based in Lodz, Poland you will be dealing with stakeholders across different countries and will need a good level of English, can you therefore please apply with your CV in English.
Tate & Lyle believes in the strength of an inclusive workforce. We are committed to all our employees being seen and heard, and value the contributions of people with unique backgrounds, identities and experiences. We welcome applications from all.
Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.