Director of Payroll
Texas A&M University – Commerce
AVP – Finance & Administration
Proposed Minimum Salary
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at [email protected]
The Director of Payroll directs the functions of the Payroll Office to meet required production of monthly and biweekly payrolls. Coordinates activities and responsibilities of payroll staff involved in payment of students, faculty, staff and temporary labor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs payroll staff in processing payments to full-time and part-time employees, reviewing for legality and accuracy.
- Serves as administrator for Artic International’s Glacier Tax Compliance System. Responsible for initial setup and maintenance of all international employees. Includes entering treaty exemptions and withholding information. Also communicates tax and treaty benefit information to international employees.
- Responsible for monthly and biweekly payroll processing. Reviews retro process to insure that retroactive payments are accurate.
- Responsible for all biweekly and monthly tax payments. Also responsible for all federal monthly, quarterly and annual tax reporting. Includes 941, W-2, and 1042 tax reporting.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax payments and reporting for 20+ individual states.
- Works closely with Payroll Reporting Coordinator to reconcile Teacher Retirement System (TRS) report to payroll entries.
- Serves as backup to Payroll Reporting Coordinator for TRS Reporting.
- Responsible for payroll entries to clear payroll default account charges and work study payroll exceptions.
- Works closely with accountants to reconcile payroll and TRS accounts.
- Responsible for entering and monitoring of all court-ordered payroll deductions including child support, tax levy, student loans, and bankruptcy.
- Responsible for moving allowance payments, and settlement payments.
- Responsible for printing and distribution of payroll checks.
- Works closely with Budget Coordinators and Budget Office to clear account deficits. Initiate Payroll Cost Transfers s to move charges due to incorrect costing allocations, including but not limited to, Federal and Texas College Work Study reconciliation corrections
- Assists employees with questions regarding biweekly and monthly pay statements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervision of other with strong management, interpersonal leadership skills demonstrated with small to medium staff.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Ten (10) years of related experience. Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements:
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master degree in accounting or business related field. Ten (10) years of payroll or budget experience in HIED preferred. Preferred experience with Workday.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Payroll Reporting Coordinator and Payroll Services Coordinator
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.