Corpus Christi TAMUCC
HR Employment Specialist II
Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- The HR Specialist II performs at the professional level to perform daily activities and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers in assigned areas in accordance with the mission, core values, and purpose of the University.
Functional Area 1: Employment
Percent Effort: 55
- Coordinate all aspects of recruitment and selection including but not limited to posting positions, advertising, maintenance of employment data and spreadsheets, obtaining approvals for hiring, maintaining university’s employment website, and requests for background checks.
- Coordinate and meet with Hiring Manger (HM) to ensure employment activities follow all applicable procedures, regulations, and laws. Provide an overview of employment process to hiring manager and all committee members and explain the roles and expectations of the department and the HR Specialist.
- Provide HM with the service to review candidates for minimum qualifications, rate on hiring matrix, and provide HM with top candidates to interview.
- Ensure position descriptions are accurate and reflect the needs of the hiring department.
Functional Area 2: Offboarding
Percent Effort: 35
- Coordinate steps of separation with regular faculty and staff.
- Verify completion of timesheets and accuracy of time off entries for separating employees.
- Prepare and submit requests lump sum payments for accrued vacation time.
Functional Area 3: Administrative
Percent Effort: 10
- Respond to inquiries. Develop and distribute information via the website and other modes of distribution.
- Provide service excellence and serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Maintain electronic personnel and human resources related files.
- Participate in staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars upon request.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two (2) year related experience.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills including collaboration, professionalism and demonstrated consultative skills conducive to building and maintaining positive relations with administrators, co-workers, staff, faculty, and students.
- Intermediate skills in computers and with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, online systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email. Experience developing and delivering presentations and facilitating meetings concerning complex content.
- Ability to effectively perform work of a highly sensitive and confidential nature that requires access to information. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to coordinate several personnel functions and determine the relative importance of each.
- Initiative in independently planning, organizing, and performing work assignments within broadly defined parameters. Ability to handle multiple priorities in a well-organized and focused manner. Ability to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Experience with Workday.
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification
- Demonstrated customer service requiring a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- This is a temporary full-time six-month position within the HR department.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.