Corpus Christi TAMUCC
Payroll Administrator II
Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Process monthly payroll, supplemental payments, and perform various other payroll related duties in order to support current payroll operations.
- Process monthly payroll, analyze reports to ensure proper reporting and perform various other payroll related duties in order to support current payroll operations.
- Analyze, review, and process one-time payment requests from employing departments and add payroll codes to identify type of payment.
- Assist departments with proper completion of monthly pay calculation results through training. Review, analyze and approve all monthly pay calculation results for the entire campus after departments make any necessary updates.
- Coordinate entry and deductions to employee records based on forms received for rec sports, charitable contributions, meal plans, accounts receivable, parking, SECC-Coastal Bend and Save for Summer.
- Provide departments with reports on the employee deductions that they use for their reconciliation process.
- Analyze and review various monthly payroll reports for accuracy, variances, and errors. Process and review pay adjustments, manual compensation changes, longevity, hazard pay, leave without pay, along with unsupported compensation changes and retro events and make recommendations to departments or human resource personnel as needed.
- Analyze and prepare payroll tax deposit and accounting journal entries.
- Assist the campus community with Workday & HR Connect navigation and resetting of passwords.
- Assist with research and resolution in the reconciliation of select payroll clearing accounts monthly.
- Process correspondence and collection of payroll salary overpayments.
- Maintain tax reporting spreadsheets and tax deposits for foreign athletic scholarships and coordinate with system shared services monthly.
- Coordinate with system shared services regarding state withholding taxes and prepare the accounting entries on a per payroll, monthly or quarterly basis.
- Train and assist campus community on the Payroll Cost Transfer (PCT) process and maintaining the various departments payroll accounts.
- Resolve any discrepancies surrounding payroll issues when employees call or email.
- Hire, train, supervise, and review a student worker.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting.
- One (1) year of related experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams).
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Analytical and organizational skills as well as strong clerical and customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience working in higher education.
- Prior experience with Workday Payroll.
- Ability to work with large data sets.
- $40,712 – $46,000/annual
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.