College Station TAMU
Classification and Compensation Analyst
Texas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are
Texas A&M University’s Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness (HROE) provides HR services in support of the vision and mission of Texas A&M University’s eighteen colleges and departments and one branch campus in Qatar. HROE is made up of five departments covering Organizational Consulting & Resolution Management (OCRM), Professional Development, Strategic Planning, Talent Management and Total Rewards. Classification and Compensation (a part of Total Rewards) provides administration of non-faculty staff titles and corresponding pay rates, and serves as the point of contact for departments regarding these matters.
What we want
Are you a hard-working, analytical thinker with a strong work ethic, looking to be a key contributor in our Total Rewards Team? If so, we’re looking for you. Come experience a fast-paced work environment overflowing with seasoned, team-oriented compensation professionals. As a member of this high-functioning team, you will make classification & compensation decisions on a variety of positions ranging from athletics to admissions, medicine to veterinarians, utilities to university police, network specialists to communications specialists, libraries to laboratories and everything in-between. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. We provide excellent customer service to our hiring managers and departmental HR liaisons using the latest in HR technology. If this description appeals to you, then we invite you to apply to be considered for this great opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website. For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Some experience in compensation administration, human resources or closely-related field
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Analytical and report writing skills
Oral, written, and presentation communication skills
Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, including coursework in compensation administration
Two years of experience in compensation administration, human resources, or closely related field
Experience in applying and interpreting FLSA regulations
Experience with database, spreadsheet, and word processing programs
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong database administration and spreadsheet skills
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification
- Job Analysis and Classification – Performs job audits to determine the proper classification of new and existing positions and documents results of position audits. Reviews similar requests for internal promotions and transfers. Interprets and applies Fair Labor Standards Act criteria in analysis of positions. Interacts with a diverse population of staff in meetings, telephone calls, and email communications regarding proposed position actions. Reviews and approves Dual Employment requests to determine applicability of overtime liabilities in accordance with the FLSA. Responds to inquiries from Recruitment regarding posting qualifications, duties, and salary.
- Workday – Provides customer assistance in the use of Workday system including troubleshooting user issues and providing help to users by phone and email. Monitors Workday inbox for routine requests for evaluation and approval.
- Approve PD Updates – Reviews and approves all PD Updates on a daily basis for vacant and filled positions.
- Shared Email Ticket Response – Monitors emails in ticketing system and responds to inquiries. Collaborates with other units on overlapping inquiries. Identifies and assigns unrelated inquiries to appropriate unit.
- Reports and Stats – Participates in special projects as assigned, including conducting research, analyzing data or results, and drafting summary reports or presentations. Runs various reports. Participates in salary surveys.
- Policy and Procedure – Answers general, routine questions, and provides policy interpretation for persons of diverse backgrounds regarding position classification and the operation of the compensation office. Participates in HR staff discussions of policy, procedure, and other issues related to the salary administration at TAMU. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.