Houston Operational Headquarters – 77041
TGS provides scientific data and intelligence to companies active in the energy sector. In addition to a global, extensive and diverse energy data library, TGS offers specialized services such as advanced processing and analytics alongside cloud-based data applications and solutions.
As a part of a global HR Team, and under the guidance of the Director, HR, this position will provide HR support to the business unit managers and general staff in all human resources related functions/issues. HR functions include, but not limited to; employee engagement, recruiting, change management, training, employee relations, orientations, benefit administration and compensation.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage specific projects as determined in annual HR strategic plans as well as participating in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Implement corporate initiatives, provide input accordingly to ensure initiatives are sensitive to business unit needs while achieving objectives.
- Provide clear leadership by demonstrating understanding of business trends and needs.
- Provide advice, coaching/consulting on a variety of HR and business issues performance enhancement and issue prevention/resolution while ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws, regulations and Company policies/procedures.
- Maintain close contact with the global HR team to work in synchronization with the other business units
- Be change agent and mentor
- Support organizational and cultural change e.g. employee engagement
- Support business leaders to identify training needs for employee performance development. Coordinate training programs that are tailored to meet employee, business unit and company objectives
- Employee recruiting, onboarding, and training of company’s health & safety program
- Administration, education and communications of employee benefit plans
- Support payroll/compensation personnel with Canadian employees pay submissions
- Take responsibility for your own safety, and comply with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment
- Ensure the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and report any hazards, accidents or injuries to your immediate supervisor
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field from an accredited university
- 3-5 years of HR generalist experience
- SHRM or other HR industry certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Knowledge and understanding of the Alberta Health & Safety legislation is an asset
- Experience with Workday preferred but not required
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated self-starter with drive for results
- Be flexible regarding work hours when work load requires an extra effort
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Capable of building professional relationships and rapport with all levels of employees.
- Strong service delivery. Questions the norm and looks for opportunities to improve service delivery and efficiency.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Job Knowledge: Delivering HR Expertise and Service Ensures that HR services are provided as appropriate to internal client needs, identifies new opportunities where HR can add value, and maintains leading-edge knowledge of HR issues.
- Understands the business and Business Acumen Understands the essentials of the TGS business/value proposition (how we make money) and able to apply this knowledge to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
- Personal Credibility, Integrity & Trust. Demonstrates core behaviors, such as accuracy, consistency, reliability, and rapport with clients and colleagues. Delivers results with integrity – do what you say and say what you mean. Shares information appropriately. Builds relationships of trust.
- Supporting the Culture and Stewarding Change. Effectively articulate and align company’s culture and values. Change management and communication. Personal action: getting onboard when decision is made.
- Coaching. The ability to provide positive guidance, support, feedback and advice to an individual, a group or organizational stakeholders to improve their personal effectiveness in the business setting.
- Strategic Agility. Understanding how to influence and implement business strategy. Supporting, promoting, and ensuring alignment with the organization’s vision, values and strategic objectives
- Developing others – Constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Delegates with direction allowing space for staff to succeed but involved sufficiently to know when to step in. Provides ongoing feedback.
- Drive for Results – ability to see and develop the big picture, along with the ability to determine the action required to successfully move forward and deliver on initiatives.