Administrative Campus Center (ACC) – LC10008
NOTE TO APPLICANT: Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your application. You may submit both documents as one attachment in the My Experience section of the application under the “resume/CV” upload section, or as separate attachments. Once you submit your application, you will not be able to attach additional documents.
Job Posting Title:
Human Resources Business Partner (Hybrid)
The HR Business Partner works with assigned client groups to determine, develop, and customize tools to meet department objectives. Provides HR generalist support and may lead various aspects of HR including but not limited to: recruitment, organizational development, legal compliance, employee relations including engagement and retention, on-boarding, and compensation administration. Proactively evaluates and creates efficient HR administrative processes by applying continuous improvement measures and methods. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and recommends, plans for, and implements system and process improvements. The Human Resources Business Partner performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides full-cycle recruitment services to assigned client groups.
- Partners with hiring managers to recommend effective recruitment strategies to attract and hire top talent.
- Posts openings, sources candidates, screens candidates, and guides the interview committee.
- Manages the relationship with the hiring manager and candidate to ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Ensures on-boarding of new employees is timely, accurate and welcoming.
- Helps implement organizational development programs including, but not limited to succession planning, leadership development, key employee retention, organizational design, and change management.
- Researches, recommends, and helps develop creative strategies to foster the organizations initiatives and goals.
- Provides coaching and consultation to assigned client groups.
- Helps design, implement, and lead Human Resources programs and initiatives that align with TCCS’s goals and facilitate results.
- Ensures TCCS is compliant with all federal and state employment laws and regulations, including those related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Promotes good management practices and proactively addresses employee relations issues to minimize company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company policies and regulations.
- Keeps the Human Resources Manager apprised of significant problems that may jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
Employee and Labor Relations
- Partners with management to communicate and educate on Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Promotes employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and foster a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conducts investigations of employee grievances and complaints/concerns and works with appropriate parties to implement a resolution.
- Works with managers to proactively address and resolve employee performance issues.
- Reviews and guides management recommendations for employment terminations. All terminations must be approved by the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Coordinates the administration of an objective wage and salary program.
- As assigned, conducts position and salary evaluations, as well as wage and salary surveys – research internal and external information to ensure level/pay equity.
- Conduct compensation analysis for new positions.
- Provide support for developing and reviewing job descriptions.
Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)/Reporting/Leaves
- Enters various personnel action changes and reviews for accuracy; consults with department administrators to resolve discrepancies.
- Responds to inquiries from employees, supervisors, managers, and directors as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of developments in laws, trends, and regulations regarding leave entitlements and explains requirements and obligations to supervisors and employees.
- Minimum education requirement is a Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of related work experience or a combination of 7-10 years of relevant training and work experience.
- Other requirements are experience with web applications and HRIS systems and proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software and use a broad range of technology; experience with MS Word, Excel, and other software.
- Must provide evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Required Knowledge and Critical Skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Follow through skills.
- Attention to detail/accuracy.
- Demonstrate effective, accurate and clear communication with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, reading, and consultative skills.
- Operate computers with advanced Microsoft Office software (such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint) and HRIS database systems.
- Handle all activities and highly confidential information with patience, discretion, good judgment, courtesy and tact.
- Define and prioritize realistic/specific goals and objectives, perform multiple projects/tasks. Meet deadlines/timelines/schedules, solve problems, respond to others in a timely manner, and work both independently and as a collaborative member of The Claremont Colleges Services with a high standard of integrity and ethics, in support of the strategic vision and the division’s/department’s annual goals.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and conceptualize complex issues and consequences to achieve positive results.
- Master Degree in Management, Human Resources, or related field.
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP.
- Working in higher education.
- Experience working with unions.
- Working knowledge of Workday HCM and Time Tracking System.
This is a full-time, 40 hour a week position, working Monday–Friday. Actual schedule to be discussed with candidate selected for position. Option to work hybrid (some onsite and some from home) available. Holiday, weekend and evening work hours may be required. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the organization or business unit.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.