NOTE TO APPLICANT: Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your application. You may submit both documents as one attachment in the My Experience section of the application under the “resume/CV” upload section, or as separate attachments. Once you submit your application, you will not be able to attach additional documents.
Job Posting Title:
Purchasing Coordinator and Contracts Administrator
Purpose of Position: This position will coordinate and manage contracts across TCCS, working with multiple divisions on contracts from start to finish. The Position will also work with departments on certain aspects of purchasing and business processes.
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities the incumbent must be able to perform.
Contract Administration and Management
- Managing the workflow of contract execution ranging from initial contracting development with Department Managers and Directors to contract closeout/renewal in accordance with Company contracting policies and procedures
- Assist with continuing to refine contract management practices
- Monitoring contract compliance and assisting with contract management activities
- Working to make sure the organization honors its obligations under the contract and monitors the other side’s level of compliance.
- Coordinating with stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure contracts that are developed mitigate risk (eg facilitating legal, risk, accessibility, insurance and security reviews of new contracts)and deliver competitive advantage by knowing and following all established Company contracting processes, policies, and procedures
- Confers with directors and managers to prepare and conduct pre-proposal/renewal conferences and site visits.
- Implement the Contracts Logix Platform and keep the contract database updated and assisting departments with contract renewals.
- Assist each department with updating yearly organization budget to account for increasing contract, licensing and subscription rates.
- Coordination and in certain cases provide input on Purchase Orders for Agreements and Subscriptions into Workday financials system
- Review requestions in Workday as a “buyer”
- Processing Credit Application with vendors
- Manage excess of $4M annually in contracts held by TCCS with various vendors
- Work with Risk Management Department to track and ensure Certificates of insurance are up to date.
Administrative Policy Coordination
- Work with departments across the organization to update polices when needed and verify practices are aligned with policies.
- Draft and suggest updates to policies for changes in practice, law, and compliance requirements to the Secretary to the Board.
Purchasing Coordination Functions
- Oversees Purchase Card Program
- Oversee invoice intake process
- Vendor Management/Coordination
- Manage Special Scholarship and Award funds including; Jesse Swan Scholarship and Polk Award
- Facilitate Billing of Consortial Agreements/Invoicing
Other similar duties as assigned by the VP of Administration
Number of Direct Reports: none Title(s) of Direct Report(s): Not Applicable
Required Work Hours: The regular hours for this full-time position are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. May be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the organization or business unit. Work may be performed on campus or remote. Occasional onsite meetings may be required.
Required Qualifications: The following qualifications are required to perform the essential functions of this position, or the individual must be able to demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed (with or without reasonable accommodation) using other qualifications not listed below.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other field that is directly applicable to the position, or the equivalent in a combination of education, training, and additional experience beyond the minimum required.
Experience: At least 2 years of contract administration/management experience or similar field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience throughout the contract life cycle
- MS Excel proficiency required
- Knowledge of current GAAP rules and accounting requirements regarding Capital Leases
- Ability to work well with and establish trust with diverse individuals in roles across TCC and TCCS
- Organized, acute attention to detail,
- strong oral and writing skills
- Ability to solve problems and work with limited direction
- Must provide evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or the exemption is requested and granted.
Preferred Qualifications: The following qualifications are preferred:
- Workday experience
- Contractlogix experience
- Experience managing administrative policies
- Experience in business office and administrative support functions.
- Experience in Higher Education or other complex organizations
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.