MN – Minneapolis
WI – Appleton
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The Sr. HR Business Partner (equivalent to Director/Sr. Director levels in financial services organizations) provides senior leadership with human capital consultation, partnership and tools needed to align their people and organizations with the changing needs of the business. This role serves as the key voice of HR to the business and will work in close collaboration with all HR functions to provide effective and efficient support enabling the business to achieve its strategies. Will act as a key member of the business leadership team and is responsible for modeling positive change and transformation to keep pace with emerging shifts in member/business needs.
** Flexible and remote work options available
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with senior business leaders to translate business strategy and objectives into the talent and people strategy necessary to deliver business results.
- Act as a trusted advisor, consultant, and coach to senior business leaders on all things HR, people and talent-related.
- Provide consultation to senior leaders, lead, and provide expertise in the following areas: workforce planning, succession planning, career planning, performance management, data analysis, total rewards, employee relations, employee engagement, and learning and development.
- Lead organizational change and provide organization design consultation on large-scale, complex business unit reorganizations.
- Use talent data strategically to advance business strategy and priorities. Identify trends in qualitative and quantitative data to help improve organizational effectiveness.
- Lead an annual program or initiative from needs identification to implementation in close partnership with the HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) including Learning & Development, Workforce Effectiveness, Employee Relations, Recruiting, HR Operations, Payroll, Benefits and Compensation.
- Partner with Employee Relations and provide direction to HRBPs on highly complex, high-impact employee relations issues.
- Provide daily work direction to HRBPs or HR Project Coordinators to deliver HR programs and initiatives.
- In partnership with HR leaders, provide thought leadership on HR and talent-related strategies, initiatives, programs, and policies.
- Understand latest trends in Human Resources overall and the HR Business Partnering discipline to continually advance your knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Lead by example to build and foster an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field or equivalent relevant work experience. Master’s degree and one of the following certifications preferred: SPHR/PHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. Financial services experience preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of senior-level HR business partner or generalist experience preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence leaders.
- Experience objectively coaching employees and leaders through difficult issues.
- Ability to leverage analytics and insights to create compelling narratives for change.
- Ability to synthesize complex situations into digestible, action-oriented formats for leaders.
- Team-oriented, consensus builder who collaborates well with others.
- Good knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes for employment.
- Workday system experience preferred.
Other Critical Factors
- Demonstrated Business Acumen skills: Possess external/member focus, strategic agility, drive for results, resiliency and optimism, project management acumen to manage medium to large projects within independence, and an acute level of data literacy including ability to translate complex information and data into tangible consumption by HR and business leaders
- Demonstrated HR Acumen: Possess change management expertise, knowledgeable in HR solutions and processes, especially leadership development and talent management; experience working with CoEs to deliver HR services and solutions as well as in a matrixed environment.
- Consulting Acumen: Possess ability to use data and analytics in decision making, influence others, be flexible, demonstrate leadership and be a trusted advisor. Experience working with senior leaders (Directors, VPs, SVPs) with ability to leverage sound judgement and reasoning.
- Be Proactive: Identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions. Demonstrate abilities to leverage employee and leader feedback to generate desired outcomes.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected] or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.