Job Description Summary
This position of Workday Business Analyst with an emphasis on Financials will support the functional development of Workday Financials through optimizing current processes and configuration of new functionality. The Business Analyst, will partner with Finance Transformation & Operations to evaluate requirements, research solutions, and advise stakeholders on best practices and considerations when making decisions.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and assists users in developing “Best Practice” process and workflows.
- Create robust reports and metrics for Human Capital Management and Finance organizations.
- Create and maintain dashboards for Human Capital Management and Finance organizations.
- Analyze data, as well as think critically, quantitatively, and qualitatively.
- Design and deliver Workday solutions to help users optimize their Finance and HR functions and enhance users’ experience.
- Utilize advanced Workday report writing experience, modifying delivered reports, creating custom reports, including composite reports, matrix reports, and dashboards, which meet business users’ needs.
- Lead in architecting Workday Financials solution to ensure that all work streams are cohesive and cross functional impacts are considered and mitigated.
- Demonstrate design options using prototyping in sandbox environments.
- The Workday Business Analyst is responsible for managing accounting and finance systems in Workday, and leading and implementing accounting and finance projects.
- Draw relevant conclusions and make recommendations.
- Implement process change/improvements that are sustainable and repeatable.
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures.
- Understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets. Take appropriate action to prevent and report any comprises of security within scope of role.
- Always represent the company and its related enterprises in a professional manner.
- Maintain meticulous project records for reference and reporting purposes.
- Consult and advise on set up of Workday.
- Maintain security and permissions matrix.
- Create roadmap with enhancement requests.
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of system upgrades or releases.
- Develop audit processes to ensure data integrity, system accuracy, and compliance with state and federal laws.
- Provides back up support for payroll.
- Take an active part in driving personal career development.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant experience.
- Highly knowledgeable of Workday operations and administration, and demonstrated in-depth knowledge with the capabilities of multiple functional modules such as Financial Accounting, Procurement, Banking & Settlement, Expenses and Report Writing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn new products, systems, and modules.
- Experience with analytical tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate information through appropriate methods.
- Ability to read and interpret complex information.
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and ensure documentation and data accuracy.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- 3+ years professional experience supporting a Finance/Accounting organization preferred.
- Possess a good understanding of Record to Report (Accounting, Reporting, Consolidations, reconciliations)
- Good understanding of Procure to Pay and Order to Cash processes, accounting practices, and SOX.
- Knowledge of ERP and ability to support workday financial system.
- Experience supporting end-users and troubleshooting system issues.
- Experience with Workday Financials, Salesforce, and Adaptive is a plus.
- Experience in creating simple, matrix and composite reports with calculated fields in Workday financials.