Toronto – 100 Adelaide St W
The TMX group of companies includes leading global exchanges such as the Toronto Stock Exchange, Montreal Exchange, and numerous innovative organizations enhancing capital markets.
United as a global team, we’re connecting cross-functionally, traversing industries and geographies, moving opportunity into action, advancing global economic growth, and propelling progress. Through a rich exchange of ideas, meaningful collaboration, and a nimble operating model, we’re powering some of the nation’s most critical systems, fueling capital formation and innovation, bringing increased opportunity to business visionaries, product ingenuity to consumers, and career exploration to our team.
Ready to be part of the action?
Working in Finance as part of the Finance Business Partnering (FBP) team, this role forms part of a core central FBP team that supports BU FBPs, other functions in finance, and the enterprise as a whole. This role will lead Finance’s efforts to augment the quality and quantity of data-driven insights provided to the business, by both supporting front-line FBP teams and also providing front-line support to the SMT and EORC.
The Director will drive Finance analytics forward by combining strong data capabilities, analytical skill, extreme curiosity and a critical understanding of techniques and tools to bring actionable insights to the forefront. They will also be a highly skilled financial analyst that will provide additional leadership on complex investment decisions through advanced financial modeling and proven experience.
Collaborating with other team directors across all areas of accountability is a must, from providing proactive insights to senior leadership, contributing to our finance system roadmap, to building best-in-class financial models to aid in decision making and finance processes.
This individual will have a team of 2-3 and will maximize resources across the central FBP team.
Reports to: VP, Finance Business Partnering
Finance Data Analytics
- Lead finance team efforts to elevate quantity and quality of data-driven insights provided to the business
- Generate and solicit analytical use cases, test hypotheses in a structured yet high volume manner, and report on findings in a systematic and repeatable manner
- Partner with BU FBP teams and resident data experts in BU teams to drive collaborative solutions and insights for BU leadership leveraging financial and non-financial data
- Promote and help build a culture of analytics curiosity; evangelize value of analytics across Finance
- Build dashboards and visualizations to improve the effectiveness of insights delivery
- Conduct specific business analysis on core enterprise performance drivers (e.g., headcount, profitability)
Reporting best practices and tooling
- Identify and maintain optimal tools for finance data analytics (e.g., Tableau)
- Partner with technology team on tools and data governance; represent Finance as team data steward on enterprise committees
- Finance subject matter expert on data architecture, inventory, and finance data flows; identify and solve data quality issues to reduce need for re-work and data cleansing / remediation
- Partner closely with other finance leaders and teams to ensure data capture and GL reporting structures improve and optimize straight-through-processing
- Lead efforts to standardize and optimize the way in which reporting and insights are delivered to the business (e.g., medium, delivery channel, format, content)
- Identify talent gaps and development needs while coaching the wider finance team on analysis and analytics
Complex financial analysis and modeling
- Lead and advise on varied enterprise business cases while partnering with BU FBPs, measuring and reporting on performance of past investments and acquisitions
- 10+ years of demonstrated ability and experience with strong financial analysis skills and research
- Professional designation (CFA, CPA) or MBA
- Strong organizational, analytical and conceptual skills
- Relationship builder and collaborator; effective and positive management style supporting staff through example, mentorship and development
- Robust technical acumen in data management, governance practices and tools, such as statistical analysis, Power BI, data warehousing, data mining, data engineering, python, R, SQL. Additionally, Excel (pivot tables, model building, model auditing)
- Able to work effectively across organizational lines and promotes an effective team-based environment with employees and management at all levels of the organization
- Results oriented and the ability to work under tight deadlines, and handle contending priorities with effective problem solving
- Leverage excellent verbal and written communication skills by tailoring messages according to audience while being client centric
- A self-starter, ability to manage large volume of change in an ambiguous and intricate environment
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience in the Software industry or capital markets
- Workday Financials / HCM
- Google Suite of Tools for Work (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
In the market for…
Excitement – Explore emerging technology and innovation, as well as ventures and digital finance that shape the future of global markets! Experience the movement of the market while grounded in the stability of close to 200 years of success.
Connection – With site hubs in some of the world’s most multicultural cities, we leverage our size and structure to create rich connections and belonging while experiencing powerful global impact through our work.
Impact – More than a platform, we use our talents to power mission-critical systems that drive global economic advancement, innovation, and growth. As well, our employee-led Team Impact spreads social good via our giving strategy.
Wellness – From empathetic leadership to a culture of flexibility and balance, we believe wellness at work creates the maximum yield and a stronger “we”. Plus, with a cloud-first and hybrid workstyle, as well as generous time-off and leaves, we support a life well lived!
Growth – From a growth mindset in our work, to expansion in our business, TMX is home to action-takers energized by the achievement of ambitious growth.
Ready to enrich your career with impactful work, leaders who truly care, and the flexibility and programs to help you thrive as part of #TeamTMX? Apply now.
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.