Toronto – 100 Adelaide St W
The TMX group of companies includes leading global exchanges such as the Toronto Stock Exchange, Montreal Exchange, and numerous innovative organizations enhancing capital markets.
United as a global team, we’re connecting cross-functionally, traversing industries and geographies, moving opportunity into action, advancing global economic growth, and propelling progress. Through a rich exchange of ideas, meaningful collaboration, and a nimble operating model, we’re powering some of the nation’s most critical systems, fueling capital formation and innovation, bringing increased opportunity to business visionaries, product ingenuity to consumers, and career exploration to our team.
Ready to be part of the action?
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Post Trade, this role is responsible for managing financial planning and analysis processes for the Post-trade business unit. This role has direct engagement with the senior leadership team and predominantly engages with the VP, director, and senior manager level staff, as well as work closely with various finance and other functional teams across TMX group. This role may have one direct report.
Your solid finance & accounting experience and technical skills will be critical for you to bring insights into planning, forecasting and business decision support. You’ve always been committed to the idea of continuous improvement and will happily collaborate with others to resolve issues that cut across teams. A strong communicator and natural business partner, the successful candidate will demonstrate big picture thinking, a strong grasp of the details, and a can-do attitude.
Results analysis and reporting
- Insightful variance analysis for business unit and Post Trade legal entities, including detailed understanding on variances to budget, forecast, and prior year
- Identify potential risks and opportunities affecting financial goals and recommend on action plans to address gaps
- Analyze non-financial operating performance indicators, assessing trends and variances
- Drive routine review meetings with Post Trade senior leaders
- Manage deliverables that feed into the corporate quarterly management reporting package and company MD&A supporting analyses
- Responsible for producing the quarterly Post Trade board financial review materials
- Lead the consolidation of management reporting for TMX markets to ensure consistent format and process, communicate monthly results and provide insights into key performance indicators to management; support the ongoing efforts in streamlining the sourcing of data
Planning and Forecasting
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting deliverables for the Post Trade business units
- Perform financial modeling for strategic planning process, risk sensitivity and product analysis
- Collaborate with stakeholders and colleagues to infuse predictive analytics into increased forecasting accuracy and profitability
- Lead the preparation of business plan presentation materials for business unit leadership team, corporate FP&A and Post Trade Board
Business Unit Decision Support & Analysis
- Provide guidance and advice to business unit leaders and managers with respect to financial management and financial impacts of business decisions
- Support the group’s annual shared service cost allocation process, including key linkages between the various client groups and their SMEs Lead financial aspects of business case development, modeling/tracking and post-mortem analysis
- Support fee change reviews and documentation processes. Enhance business unit key performance indicators with actionable and forward-looking insights. Leverage Workday, Tableau and other reporting and analytics tools to develop and maintain business unit’s dynamic financial reports.
- Provide day to day guidance to a Senior Financial Analyst role on the team
- Lead overall finance team and/or cross functional process improvement initiatives
- Assist the Director of Finance, Post Trade with any projects
- University graduate; a CPA designation is preferred
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in operational finance, corporate finance, business decision support, and internal managerial reporting
- Strong analytical skills with good understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Experience of directly or indirectly managing staff is desired
- Highly motivated team player and self-starter with an excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Strong technical skills, including Excel (pivot tables, model building, model auditing), ERP systems
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines at quarterly and year-end periods
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Workday and Google Suite of products
In the market for…
Excitement – Explore emerging technology and innovation, as well as ventures and digital finance that shape the future of global markets! Experience the movement of the market while grounded in the stability of close to 200 years of success.
Connection – With site hubs in some of the world’s most multicultural cities, we leverage our size and structure to create rich connections and belonging while experiencing powerful global impact through our work.
Impact – More than a platform, we use our talents to power mission-critical systems that drive global economic advancement, innovation, and growth. As well, our employee-led Team Impact spreads social good via our giving strategy.
Wellness – From empathetic leadership to a culture of flexibility and balance, we believe wellness at work creates the maximum yield and a stronger “we”. Plus, with a cloud-first and hybrid workstyle, as well as generous time-off and leaves, we support a life well lived!
Growth – From a growth mindset in our work, to expansion in our business, TMX is home to action-takers energized by the achievement of ambitious growth.
Ready to enrich your career with impactful work, leaders who truly care, and the flexibility and programs to help you thrive as part of #TeamTMX? Apply now.
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.