Corporate – Seattle,WA
California Applicants, please click here to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is looking for creative, diverse, and energetic people to help us live the island life! Tommy Bahama has grown to include both men’s and women’s apparel, home and beach goods, and a thriving restaurant and bar business. Everything that bears the Tommy Bahama name is created with an unwavering eye towards quality. More than ever, our focus is on taking our guests someplace great — through exceptional service, upscale products, and delicious food and drinks. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, e-commerce and technology experts, manufacturing and operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. We would love to have you share your talents with us!
SET THE COURSE
Responsible for assisting with general human resources and recruitment needs for the corporate, retail and restaurant divisions of Tommy Bahama. The HR and Recruiting Associate will assist with administrative tasks and projects within Human Resources and Recruiting functions. This can include assisting with employee onboarding, employee relations, requisition approval, termination approvals, invoice processing and general HR & recruiting support as needed. This individual will be subject matter expert on HR Coordination and Recruiting Coordination tasks.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Manage recruiting inbox to help answer questions about recruiting related issues from internal teams. Forward resumes to appropriate locations. Source candidates for locations needing additional assistance.
- Approve requisitions for posting in Workday HRIS system.
- Runs weekly corporate New Hire Orientation.
- Assists restaurant/retail managers with questions about process and hiring needs.
- Responsible for requesting PO’s and processing recruitment invoices in a timely manner.
- Uses Applicant Tracking System to manage candidates throughout the recruitment and hiring process. Update postings in appropriate systems (Indeed, LinkedIn, Craigslist, etc.) and remove when filled.
- Reviews field background checks for final hiring step approvals.
- Maintains company organizational charts on a weekly basis.
- Must maintain knowledge of industry HR practices and legal employment considerations and have the ability to apply that knowledge to the Recruiting team as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contacts in related companies, schools, community-based organizations to help drive candidate interest.
- Participate in creating and monitoring activities that impact employment brand awareness (employment advertising, collateral material, website and posting content, events, etc.).
- Assist with current and new employee relocations as necessary.
- Assist with training new HR team members as needed.
- Flexible for other duties as needed or required by the business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- 1-2 years of corporate recruitment experience.
- Previous interviewing experience and knowledge of behavioral interviewing techniques.
- Ability to use a variety of software, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience with an applicant tracking system and process required.
- Knowledge of company’s goals, culture, values and image helpful.
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!