Daytona Beach, FL
We are looking for individuals who are eager to develop and apply their skills in ways that make a positive impact to communities. Here, you’ll be proud to be a part of a company known for putting safety and people first, combined with uncompromising integrity.
As part TopBuild’s HR Leadership Team, the Director, HR Operations & Technology strives to create exceptional people experiences at scale across the employee lifecycle. He/she will develop employee centric processes, systems, policies, and programs that are simple and efficient, enabling broad adoption in a highly decentralized environment. The Director, HR Operations & Technology is also responsible for helping TopBuild remain compliant in its policies and processes with all employment-related regulations and applicable federal and state laws. The ideal candidate for Director, HR Operations & Technology is someone who has managed and built strong cross-functional relationships and is a strong communicator and people leader. Reporting to the CHRO, this is an internal-facing role that will be the business owner for managing and scaling our people systems and HR operations delivery as we continue to grow, while ensuring that all stakeholders are involved and aligned throughout the process.
This position is a hybrid role, combination of onsite and remote. We offer relocation.
- Lead, support, and provide strategic guidance to a team of managers responsible for HR Systems and HR Operations delivery including in-house Global Payroll and HR Support Services.
- Lead and execute the HRIS systems roadmap and digital strategy to scale programs, solve experience challenges, and support broader HR/Business goals
- Work cross-functionally to affect improvements to the experience by designing and implementing processes, solutions, and metrics that enhance the employee life cycle
- Ensure internal tools are simple and effective and provide insights into user experiences to best capture feedback from the customer that drive improved usability and adoption
- Analyze and report on both people systems activities and the HR Support Team call/issue tracking metrics to help close gaps in communication/training in a decentralized operational model and to support various strategic initiatives
- Lead HR operational aspects of acquisition diligence and integrations, serving as project manager for these transactions while engaging all appropriate stakeholders
- Build and manage strong, influential relationships with key stakeholders including Field HR Operations, Business Leaders and other internal partners including Talent and Compensation/Benefits to drive continuous improvement
- Promote a culture that emphasizes collaboration, accountability, and transparency among the HRIS and HR Operations teams
- Coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in developing their functional and subject-matter expertise, supporting growth areas, and leading with care
- Prepare, secure approval for, and implement operating and expenditure budgets for department, and operate within those guidelines.
- Protect the interests of the organization and the employees in accordance with company policies and appropriate governmental laws and regulations. Collaborate with legal and outside counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
- 10+ years of experience in HR technology, digital solutions, employee experience or customer-facing technology environment
- 10+ years of experience in HR Operations, including a shared services model
- Experience inspiring, leading and growing individual contributors and teams from strategy through to operational execution
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling teams and planning strategically 3+ years out as well as formalize tangible action plans to operationalize vision
- Experience influencing at all levels of organization, including building high engagement through effective collaboration with key stakeholders and implementing company-wide changes
- Proven relationship and partnership building skills
- Awareness of HR best practices in the market as well as legislative and regulatory changes and experience implementing solutions to support these changes
- Knowledge of HRIS systems – principles, function technology and variations
- Demonstrated experience leading complex projects end-to-end with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with Workday, Workbrain, and other HR Service Delivery applications and experience leading companies through post implementation maturation/optimization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Six Sigma certification (Greenbelt or Blackbelt)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Minimum Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
Course of study: Human Resources, or a related field
Special Certification or Licensing: Certifications applicable within human resources disciplines preferred.
Special Requirements: May work beyond normal company hours due to business/customer need and travel as required
- Supervisory or Management Responsibility – Has the authority to direct managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action, and performance reviews.
- Budget Responsibility – Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing division/department budget.
- Decision-Making Level and Scope – Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a division/department. Job may contribute to important strategy, operational and business decisions that affect the division/department.
- Independence of Action – Sets goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs.
Type of Travel Required: US/CANADA
Amount of Travel Required: <10%
Position Location: Hybrid option offered with onsite in Daytona Beach, FL
Work is performed in a typical office environment and may require standing, bending, lifting of boxes or packages under 10 lbs., and sitting for long periods of time.
Work requires regularly inputting/retrieving words or data into or from an automated/computer systems